Apple music event set for Sept 7

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple Computer plans to host a special event on September 7th to introduce new music-related products, AppleInsider has learned.

On Monday the iPod maker began distributing e-mail invites to the event, which will take place at 10:00am on Sept. 7th at San Francisco's Moscone Center.

"1000 songs in your pocket changed everything. Here we go again," the invite reads, in part.

The slogan "1000 songs in your pocket" was originally used by the Apple when it introduced the the very first 5GB iPod digital music player in 2001.

Sources had previously reported that Motorola and Apple would use the 7th of September to unveil the first of Motorola's iTunes ROKR cell phones.

The phones will be the first product of Motorola's strategic partnership with Apple, aimed at enabling music fans to transfer their favorite songs from Apple's iTunes jukebox software to compatible Motorola mobile handsets.

It was previously reported that Motorola was also looking into the rental of a studio venue in Manhattan to hold an east coast launch party for the phones.

Apple, as it has done historically, does not mention in the event invites which products it plans to announce.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 78
    "100 movies in your pocket"?
  • Reply 2 of 78
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Did you even read the post?
  • Reply 3 of 78
    Yeah, I did.

>>"1000 songs in your pocket changed everything. Here we go again," the invites reads, in part.<<

AppleInsider is assuming it is music/phone related.

>>Apple, as it has done historically, does not mention in the event invites which products it plans to announce.<<

I am just adding some irresponsible speculation.

That is still allowed, right?
  • Reply 4 of 78
    As I understand it, all Mac rumor sites are hereforth refraining from hyperbole. I'll put in a good word for you, but you may lose access to the site and have your Mac taken away from you if you're not careful.
  • Reply 5 of 78
    IF it is the long awaited iPhone (and I hope it is), I just wonder what cellular carrier is going to carry them.
  • Reply 6 of 78
    FINALLY some NEWS!!! I was getting a little anxious, this is very good new! Hopefully it won't be another dud like that one over in France...
  • Reply 7 of 78
    assuming it is about the motorola iTunes phone, one would think that with a statement like "1000 songs in your pocket changed everything. Here we go again" , that the phone will hold 1000 songs (approx 4GB), and since this IS a phone, one would think it's gonna be flash, maybe this is where all the flash supply is for? except then why is apple buying it and not motarola...
  • Reply 8 of 78
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I sure hope the ROKR is a footnote and not the main attraction

(Also, just to set the record straight, "Invite" is a verb. The noun is "invitation.")
  • Reply 9 of 78
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    just FYI, the announcement pertains to video, not music. You'll see on sept 7th.
  • Reply 10 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

just FYI, the announcement pertains to video, not music. You'll see on sept 7th.

Hope so. If not.. I'd like to see the Google rumor come to fruition.

In a very sideways way.. has anybody bounced this rumor off the http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=57044 one?

• Reply 11 of 78
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nagromme

(Also, just to set the record straight, "Invite" is a verb. The noun is "invitation.")

"Invite" can informally be used as a synonym to "invitation".

(edit) And can you guys please shut up about the US vs France? You are making idiots of yourself.

~ A German in Canada
  • Reply 12 of 78
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    I have removed the completely off-topic, idiotic posts from this thread. Any further posts of this type will result in an immediate 1 month ban.
  • Reply 13 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

I have removed the completely off-topic, idiotic posts from this thread. Any further posts of this type will result in an immediate 1 month ban.

FRANCE FRANCE FRANCE FRANCE FRANCE.
  • Reply 14 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by spinfits

Say goodbye to your account
  • Reply 15 of 78
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spinfits

Ban you? Sure, no problem...
  • Reply 16 of 78
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by almostwise

IF it is the long awaited iPhone (and I hope it is), I just wonder what cellular carrier is going to carry them.

The rumor is Cingular.
  • Reply 17 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkDifferent

FINALLY some NEWS!!! I was getting a little anxious, this is very good new! Hopefully it won't be another dud like that one over in France...

What did they announce there? I don't even remember, it was so important.
  • Reply 18 of 78
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    I'm expecting a major refresh for the 5th generation iPod. It hasn't really changed much since it was introduced.
  • Reply 19 of 78
    they didnt introduce anything in france, it was just really a talk about the existing products.

stu
  • Reply 20 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by stustanley

they didnt introduce anything in france, it was just really a talk about the existing products.

stu

That's why it was so memorable. Usually when he goes to France for the show something decent happens. It's a BIG venue.