Diablo 2 1.11

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am playing diablo 2 again and I find the performance a bit choppy. I am running on an Powerbook 1.25 Ghz, 512 mb, 64 mb 9600. WIth no apps open on background exept dashboard.

The screens freezes for a second on several places and it lags sometime when the Cd spins on. I have used software and openGL for video.

Do I need to dedicate more Ram like we used to do in OS 9? Because I am running on OS X, I can't seem to do that either although I installed it in apps.

Any answer to those problems would be great.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I think the big problem is that the OpenGL implementation that Blizzard is using sucks. People have bitched about this for a while, but the fact of the matter is that it just seems to run better using DirectX on Windows versus OpenGL on Mac. Alas
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Otherwise just look for a no cd crack for mac. I'm sure it's out there some where. You might even be able to change the .plist in the apps package contents to not check for cd. Once you have diablo loaded you can play without the cd.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    rraburrabu Posts: 264member
    Just create a disk image of the D2 play disk and mount it. The game can't tell if it is a real disk or not as the OS abstracts that out. The only bad thing is that it takes up a bunch of HD space.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rrabu

Just create a disk image of the D2 play disk and mount it. The game can't tell if it is a real disk or not as the OS abstracts that out. The only bad thing is that it takes up a bunch of HD space.

I've found this to work only by using Toast. If I use Disk Utility to mount my image, Diablo II complains about needing the CD.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    rraburrabu Posts: 264member
    Make sure the disk image is a "read-only" image. I also don't compress it at all so the file is the full 600 or so MB. I've had no problems using Apple's Disk Utility to create the dmg and just double clicking in the Finder to mount it.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    This helps the game from shocking from time to time? I will try it tonight didn't have time this week.

Thx for replies
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Hold down option when you start the app and set it to software render instead.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I have toast , but when I press image file it brings me to copy. Can someone explain me how exactly I need to do it?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    BTW :It is Lord of destruction, that I am playing.