Not all of the superdrive iMacs (ordered on the 7th) shipped in January.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have patiently awaited the arrival of my new iMac, but it has not even shipped yet! At this point I dont know what to think. I ordered on the 7th and other people that did that have already gotten e-mail clairifying the shipment.

Show me the iMac.

Should I call Apple again? I have called twice and each time have been given vague responses, im at a loss.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Patience is a virtue.

Call around to catalog stores and see if by any chance one of them has one. When the 733, 867 and dual 800's were announced I ordered from the Apple Store. People were waiting days and weeks for some machines. Two days after the keynote way before anyone else Powermax just happened to have a few so I got one from there and cancelled the order from the Apple Store.

Call around. I have a friend here in LA who called the Apple Store in Glendale today and they said they may have some in by the end of the day today.

Call around. You may end up saving money due to tax....even with an Education order.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Bodhi ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 26
    So Bodhi, you think he should call around?
  • Reply 2 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by Bodhi:

<strong>Patience is a virtue.

Call around to catalog stores and see if by any chance one of them has one. When the 733, 867 and dual 800's were announced I ordered from the Apple Store. People were waiting days and weeks for some machines. Two days after the keynote way before anyone else Powermax just happened to have a few so I got one from there and cancelled the order from the Apple Store.

Call around. I have a friend here in LA who called the Apple Store in Glendale today and they said they may have some in by the end of the day today.

Call around. You may end of saving money due to tax....even with an Education order.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Bodhi ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

My Patience is starting to become worn out.

I would call around except the education discount saves me money. The price would be a little less because of the discount on the 3 year Applecare.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 26
    Dude, I know where you are coming from. I ordered a BTO dual GHz on Monday and people not only have received their BTO dual GHz orders already but mine is still "Being Assembled" Its nuts but you have to be patient.

Unfortunately I cannot go elsewhere because due to some 'circumstances' I got my BTO (ATi card) dual at a deal that would blow all of your minds so I have to wait...it's driving me nuts too!
  • Reply 5 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by Bodhi:

<strong>Dude, I know where you are coming from. I ordered a BTO dual GHz on Monday and people not only have received their BTO dual GHz orders already but mine is still "Being Assembled" Its nuts but you have to be patient.

Unfortunately I cannot go elsewhere because due to some 'circumstances' I got my BTO (ATi card) dual at a deal that would blow all of your minds so I have to wait...it's driving me nuts too!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you think its nuts that the order status page claims that my imac is still being assembled after 24 days!?

Something must be wrong, I ordered on the freaking 7th, and an hour or two after the keynote.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>

My Patience is starting to become worn out.

I would call around except the education discount saves me money. The price would be a little less because of the discount on the 3 year Applecare.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Pennsylvania sales tax is 6%, the iMac education price (for my school at least, I am sure it varries slightly) is $1749. + 6% = $1853.94

iMac Superdrive at MacZone: $1824 free tax and free 256mb and 50 pk of CDR's

The Apple education price thing can be a bit deceiving sometimes.
  • Reply 7 of 26

<strong>

Do you think its nuts that the order status page claims that my imac is still being assembled after 24 days!?

Something must be wrong, I ordered on the freaking 7th, and an hour or two after the keynote.</strong><hr></blockquote>

This happens to some people every single time something new is announced, it's just how it is.

One thing you should do is get them to upgrade you to overnight for free if you did not choose that option.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    I was just trying to boost the economy.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    I ordered mine from MacMall and they got a grand total of two today. Yes two. They said they'll be getting more tomorrow but they have no idea right now how many that might be. Hopefully soon I'll get mine.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    When do you think I will get mine shipped?
  • Reply 11 of 26
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member

<strong>When do you think I will get mine shipped?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sometime soon. You really have to be patient. Like Bodhi said, call other places. You might save some money and get some freebies too.
  • Reply 12 of 26
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    well, mine shipped 1/29/02....but here it is two days later and Fed Ex still has it somewhere between Taiwan and Alaska....who knows when it will hit the states....i hoped to have it by the weekend, but now i'm not too sure....g

of course, when it gets here...it gets here....i will have fun when it gets here...but will have fun till it does too i guess i just like to have fun

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 26
  • Reply 14 of 26
    As I mentioned in another thread (on, and on, and on this subject seems to go...) your iMac was shipped with a bunch of others and put on a pallet and loaded on to an air transport. It was not sent by itself directly to you. When it arrives in Alaska the iMacs will be sniffed out by (sled?) dogs to check for explosives and other contraband and sent on their way to the gelding and the others.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: MacsRGood4U ]</p>
  • Reply 15 of 26
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    MacsRGood4U: i know...just trying to make macintosh feel better that his hasn't ship by letting him know that, even though mine has shipped, i really have no idea when it will come...when it gets here..cool...till it gets here...cool.....so cool no whater what...g
  • Reply 16 of 26
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>

of course, when it gets here...it gets here....i will have fun when it gets here...but will have fun till it does too i guess i just like to have fun

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Macintosh, this is how you should be too.
  • Reply 17 of 26
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    ha ha ha ha... this is great,

the apple zealot is beginning to get "mad" at apple. lol
  • Reply 18 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>ha ha ha ha... this is great,

the apple zealot is beginning to get "mad" at apple. lol</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have been more than mad at apple before, I dont like to show that in a public forum though. We dont know who reads these boards and I would like to leave them with a positive impression of Apple.
  • Reply 19 of 26
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member

<strong>

I have been more than mad at apple before, I dont like to show that in a public forum though. We dont know who reads these boards and I would like to leave them with a positive impression of Apple.</strong><hr></blockquote>

• Reply 20 of 26
    Its not my problem that you live your life with the glass EMPTY, not half empty, completely empty.

Pessimist. :o