Live coverage of Apple's special music event

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is currently addressing atendees at the company's special music event in San Francisco. Some live coverage follows:

Jobs said Apple's iTunes music store is now selling songs at a rate of 1.8 million per day.

The service also features over 15,000 podcasts and is seeing approximately 1000 podcasts added each week.

iTunes currently features a catelog of over 2 million songs and caters to over 10 million registered accounts.

The average iTunes account holder has purchased roughly 60 songs.

Jobs introduced pop singer Madonna, who revealed that all 15 of her albums would be available for download from the iTunes music store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/09...cial/index.php

here are some pictures http://flickr.com/photos/ipodlounger/41192845/

It seems that the phone called ROKR would not bear Apple's logo or design, it would be a Motorola phone compatible with iTunes. Pretty lame, overall.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Cingular has the phone up already on their front page.. kinda ugly (IMO...)

The nano seems interesting though..
  • Reply 3 of 6
    a/uxa/ux Posts: 38member
    iPod nano is cool, but the phone disappoints. Apple should know better. The phone should be an accessory to the iPod, not iTunes an accessory to the phone. The thing is not even Apple branded and holds 100 songs.

Steve's comment was that they were thinking of it as merging a shuffle with a phone. What I really wanted was a merging of the 60GB iPod with a Moto RAZR. The interface should be iPod with phone functionality just a menu item. Bluetooth support would be nice as well (at least they got that right).

Oh well. This will probably still be a success, but I will continue to carry two separate devices.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by A/UX

Steve's comment was that they were thinking of it as merging a shuffle with a phone.

With CLEARLY nothing to say about the design what the hell is left of the shuffle that they have put into the phone?

Thank god it isn´t Apple branded. And I hope they hace made a lot of $$$ for letting Mot use the iPod association and a hacked interface.

I didn´t understand this before today and I still don´t understand it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    The nano does look cool, kind of like an evolution of the iPod mini, glad it has a colour screen, really sleek design too.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    eminemin Posts: 45member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattyj

The nano does look cool, kind of like an evolution of the iPod mini, glad it has a colour screen, really sleek design too.

Yeah, it's nice but I'm waiting for some news about computers, especially PowerBook updates. If there won't be anything around the time of Paris Expo it would be really bad.