Apple unveils iPod nano

Comments

• Reply 21 of 105
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

It'll be a hit. Shuffle sales are screwed. This is the ultimate definition of "upsell."

I like it. This is what I want for exercising and activity. I'll probably eventually get one, but another iPod is WAY down on the priority list of expenditures.

I actually DO like it, and might buy one. I have the 60 now because I use it for other things as well.
  • Reply 22 of 105
    Nano? in black? Kewl. ...but what about the iPod Phone in black?
  • Reply 23 of 105
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    The ipod phone should look like the Razr!
  • Reply 24 of 105
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

Nano? in black? Kewl. ...but what about the iPod Phone in black?

That would be tooooo kewl.

Frankly, I think Moto underdesigned this thing. Compared to the Razr, this phone looks VERY plain.
  • Reply 25 of 105
    Just bought a 2gig black nano. holla
  • Reply 26 of 105
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    I like everything about it except the storage space... 4gig just isn't enough for me...

Ah well... I'll just have to wait untill they make a 6gig model.
  • Reply 27 of 105
    Quote:

Originally posted by nagromme

Re TV out--looks like a "no" from the specs. I bet the chip used in this doesn't support TV. Would have been cool, I agree. But they don't list the TV cable as an accessory so I don't think the feature is there. Photos are just an "extra" then.

I see "Apple iPod AV Cable" listed under the iPod nano Cables & Docks accessories bit.

No s-video on the dock though...

I think I'd have preferred a colour iPod mini with 8GB, at least then it would seem that the storage on the smaller iPods would be catching up with the size of my library (around 14GB) and one day a small iPod could replace my 40GB iPod. It now seems that they'll just keep shrinking the small iPod range...
  • Reply 28 of 105
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    I don't see why they had to kill off the iPod mini though. They could have had one with a color screen and 10GB hard drive out in time for the holidays. It would have made a great mid-range iPod. Just one model in five colors sitting between the iPod nano and the iPod. So what happened to the Shuffle price drops?

I can't wait until they unveil the Mac nano!
  • Reply 29 of 105
    i would have kept & updated the mini to 8 and 10 GB or the general vacinity. Sorry but the minis were really hot.
  • Reply 30 of 105
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Anybody know of actual pictures yet?
  • Reply 31 of 105
    cubecube Posts: 142member
    Can these Nano's be used in disk mode?

I realy hope so! I have ordered a black 4 Gb and I'm gonna sell my 20 Gb ipod and 1Gb shuffle!
  • Reply 32 of 105
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    The metallic look of the minis did have a great appeal. They were both masculine and feminine depending on the color. I think ALOT of people of all ages will miss them.

But the nanos are good too. But the minis were apples BEST selling ipods...so it should be interesting to see the reaction.
  • Reply 33 of 105
    I'm wondering if the next iPod update will be close to the iPod Mini size? The new notebook size hard drives recently announced are smaller, lighter, and less power hungry, so the new iPod could look like the iPod Mini. Then again, maybe the iPod mini will be "re-released" with an 8GB drive at a similar price to the Nano. Options, options, so many options!

melgross - admit it - you're a typical engineer (which I resemble) that always looks at what could have been. Perfection for one is left-field to another. Besides, the perfect one will never come out because there is something better around the corner. Designing stops, and production begins, then the next model gets the further improvements.
  • Reply 34 of 105
    how high (in GB's) do you reckon they will go WITH the nano ipod, can you see it replacing the regular ipod ? maybe a slightly large one with 20gb - 80gb ?
  • Reply 35 of 105
    OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 36 of 105
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

I don't see why they had to kill off the iPod mini though. They could have had one with a color screen and 10GB hard drive out in time for the holidays. It would have made a great mid-range iPod. Just one model in five colors sitting between the iPod nano and the iPod. So what happened to the Shuffle price drops?

I can't wait until they unveil the Mac nano!

An 8GB Hd is as large as they could have gone. That's the largest 1" drive announced.

I agree about not killing it off. The Mini was a jewel. Actually one of the most beautiful devices I've ever seen. Esp. in green. The most popular color.

I think that they should have kept one and made it an 8.
  • Reply 37 of 105
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by khkoo

I wish I can use firewire dock connector with nano.

Who says you can't?

What I'm sure you can't use is the iPod wired remote.
  • Reply 38 of 105
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Who says you can't?

What I'm sure you can't use is the iPod wired remote.

Apparently you can use Firewire to charge but not to sync. I suppose that means using the dock. It's the same connector.
  • Reply 39 of 105
    cubecube Posts: 142member
    Is there anyone that know if the Nano can be used as a thumb drive just like the shuffeles? Ore as a hd like the big iPods?
  • Reply 40 of 105
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

I actually DO like it, and might buy one. I have the 60 now because I use it for other things as well.

Do you get paid by the post?