New 2 gig iPod Nano to be announced soon?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
http://krose.typepad.com/kevinrose/2..._big_anno.html

Kevin Rose has more credibility to me than most others, and this product actually sounds feasible. Color screen, 2 gigs for 200 bucks? Sounds good to me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    He's even wrong about the cell phone. It's ROKR. But that could be an honest mistake.

I say its all speculation.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    I guess we'll see in a few days. I'm definitely picking one up if its true, though.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    What a horrid, horrid name (nano).

nanu nanu.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChevalierMalFet

nanu nanu.

Its not a name its a descriptive
  • Reply 5 of 13
    New Products:

- Cingular will announce an iTunes compatible phone - the "Rocker"

- New 2GB ipod called the "Nano" - it will sport a color screen and will be much smaller and thinner than a mini. Price = $199

No video ipod.. You heard it here first.

Ahem?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    "Nano" is a bad name. The reason is, it raises unrealistic expectations. An "iPod Nano" should be less than a millimeter across, simply rest in the ear canal somewhere, sync via wi-fi, and cost around a penny.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    i'd be interested in both. i think the name needs to be changed, nano is just too un-apple.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Considering that Think Secret reports the iPod mini will go to solid state NAND chips, I think this "nano" name is based on a misinterpretation of "NAND".
  • Reply 9 of 13
    There is no way Apple designed this.

A.) it takes two hands to operate

B.) all right-handers will be forced to turn the screen out of the line of sight just to navigate. That in MY book is bad design.

There is probably a C, D and even an E but I didn't look or ponder any further flaws after seeing the first 2.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1264

looks like Kevin Rose was right.

That black model looks impossibly good.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChevalierMalFet

nanu nanu.

My apologies. they DID call it Nano. It is indeed a horrid name
  • Reply 12 of 13
    No worries. Damn sexy device though. they can probably call it whatever they damn please and have people buy it in droves. Kindof pissed off I replaced my ürPod with a mini 4 months ago now.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Oh yeah, I bought an iPod Mini 1 week ago!

Doh! I should have checked Apple Insider before I bought anything Apple.

It looks a little flimsy to me, (but I wouldn't be saying that if I hadn't just bought a iPod Mini)