apple theme

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
With the release of itunes 5, and its beautiful new refined looks, do you reckon this will be a theme through out the system? maybe replacing the brushed metal?

Does anyone else have any designs and ideas?

Possible finder looks for the future:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    keotkeot Posts: 116member
    A gradient is much easier to scale than a texture when we finally get our resolution-independent / vector-based GUI.

This should be a theme throughout the system, as the brushed-metal style has always looked 'tacky'.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by keot

A gradient is much easier to scale than a texture when we finally get our resolution-independent / vector-based GUI.

This should be a theme throughout the system, as the brushed-metal style has always looked 'tacky'.

Looks a little Longho... Vistaish doesn't it? \
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by miggs97

I dunno, I actually LIKE the brushed-metal theme a lot. I didn't care much for the mental-hospital padded white lines of Jaguar, Panther was an improvement, at this point though there is little consistency among any of the apps Apple is releasing (although the Pro Tools remain consistent, in YET ANOTHER STYLE).

I feel sorry for people who labor under Apple's "Interface Guidelines" because the truth is, THERE AREN'T ANY. What Apple chooses to release, is whatever Steve thinks looks cool that day. Usually I'm pretty Zen with this, since he's a perfectionist with good taste, but in the last two years it has become decidedly schizo and completely inconsistent. Perhaps he's switched his medication and needs to go back to whatever he was on before all this.

I don't so much deeply care one way or the other, I am partial to textured chrome/metal, and I like the new darker metal gradient look within iTunes 5.0. But it has reached the point of, look just PICK ONE and stop making every single app look different.

You can always theme everything however ya want, but I need to have a USEABLE system I can do work on and upgrade without endless headaches and gotchas, and ever since I dumped all the UnSanity apps and ShapeShifter, oddly enough many, many problems and crashes, all magically went away.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Applications would actually go in the Applications folder instead of a person's home folder.

• Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Not at all.

Edit: Changed the screen shot to something a little smaller so it didn't make the thread super wide.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

[B]Not at all.

My mistake, an older Longhorn.

• Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

My mistake, an older Longhorn.

That screenshot is better, much better, looking.

Depending on the system requirements for Vista, I'll probably get a copy and install it on an old PC that I keep around, so I'd prefer if they'd lose the new look and go back to the old.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

I think M$ is taking the 'Windows' thing a little too far with this.

Notice the cloudy vista that can be seen when looking through your windows.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fox Hound

With the release of itunes 5, and its beautiful new refined looks, do you reckon this will be a theme through out the system? maybe replacing the brushed metal?

Does anyone else have any designs and ideas?

Possible finder looks for the future:

http://homepage.mac.com/john_shipp/....new_finder.jpg

That's really, really beautiful.