iPod nano: black or white?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    white will probably outsell the black. So something everybody have can´t be sexy in my book. Its the same as saying a generic pair of breasts are sexy. You gotta spice them up for them to become sexy. Welcome black.
  • Reply 22 of 34
    fngfng Posts: 222member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Or "butt"

LOL damn that "t" next to "y".

From the report here it looks like black shipped in lesser number but is outselling white. I think I want a black 4G but 1) need to see it hands on first and 2) don't want to wait months for it to ship.
  • Reply 23 of 34
    I asked for the white, but black was the only choice for the first shipment at my local Apple Store. I got the black 4GB.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    hey hey, i think black is the winner by far
  • Reply 25 of 34
    Now we need a poll of who actually bought one and which color they got.
  • Reply 26 of 34
    If I had to get one, I would get the black. However, I still like my 6 gig iPod mini. I cannot believe they have gotten rid of the iPod mini with no 6 gig option for the iPod nano. I guess they want people to move up to the larger iPod. Heck for just $50 more, you can get 16 extra gig if the size of the regular iPod is not an issue.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by kwsanders

If I had to get one, I would get the black. However, I still like my 6 gig iPod mini. I cannot believe they have gotten rid of the iPod mini with no 6 gig option for the iPod nano. I guess they want people to move up to the larger iPod. Heck for just $50 more, you can get 16 extra gig if the size of the regular iPod is not an issue.

Exactly.
  • Reply 28 of 34
    If the question was: how much more black could the iPod be, the answer would be none...none more black.

The black nano reminds me of the monolith from 2001...I would love to see someone with photshopping skills make a clever picture as an homage to the kubrick/clarke classic using the nano as a monolith.

-Roy
  • Reply 29 of 34
    I say black. These are way cooler than the minis were. I am finally buying one. This design made me jump.

I think they should change colors with each revision of all their stuff. In a classy apple way, of course.

Apple gets more money from me. Yay.
  • Reply 30 of 34
  • Reply 31 of 34
    Originally posted by Gm7Cadd9

The black nano reminds me of the monolith from 2001...I would love to see someone with photshopping skills make a clever picture as an homage to the kubrick/clarke classic using the nano as a monolith.

well, hope that was clever enough for ya...
  • Reply 32 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by OrbitPink

Now we need a poll of who actually bought one and which color they got.

I bought a black 4G....

Should get it some time....
  • Reply 33 of 34
    That was awesome, exactly what I had imagined. And totally off topic, did anyone notice that HAL is one letter off from IBM?
  • Reply 34 of 34
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gm7Cadd9

That was awesome, exactly what I had imagined. And totally off topic, did anyone notice that HAL is one letter off from IBM?

"The author of 2001, Arthur C Clarke emphatically denies the legend [of HAL representing IBM] in his book "Lost Worlds of 2001", claiming that "HAL" is an acronym for "Heuristically programmed algorithmic computer". Clarke even wrote to the computer magazine Byte to place his denial on record. ....

Why would Clarke deny it if it were true? I can think of several reasons: perhaps Clarke invented it as an in-joke that became too public, and he didn't want to risk offending IBM who had provided much technical help for the film."

link

Anyone actually like the movie more than the book this time? I did, and yet I feel that it's the exception that makes its way around the rule because one isn't an adaptation of the other since they were both created simultaneously and in collaboration.

--B