Uploaded my Mac mini commercial to Newgrounds

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I did this shortly after the 'mini was released, just uploaded it to Newgrounds today.

View it:

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/223605

Enjoy!

(PS: I've posted it here before, but decided to again because newgrounds is a very high traffic site, which means more people will see it Might get some people to take a look at the mini')

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    jtblqjtblq Posts: 86member
    nice.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Apple Marketing dept, if you're watching, this is what a TV ad looks like.

Well done Kassandra, I believe your little movie would definetly attract attention - catchy tune, clever graphics and a clear message.

Pity there aren't more ads like these on TV.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kassandra

I did this shortly after the 'mini was released, just uploaded it to Newgrounds today.

View it:

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/223605

Enjoy!

(PS: I've posted it here before, but decided to again because newgrounds is a very high traffic site, which means more people will see it Might get some people to take a look at the mini')

that's pretty cool. if i can offer one suggestion its to use more screen real estate in the ad. you dont wanna disappoint all those HD people and not give them all those pixels! haha but really, the rhythm of your editing is nice in your ad.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    i likey how it is done in flash so it is fast load times, yet the pacing, rhythm and flow is excellent direction to how a tv ad might look

as i am an arty kinda bastard i would say typography can be tweaked (use, myriad pro, heavier weight, the type seems a bit overwhelmed by the white space at times) but the movement of the type is good

best part? the ad builds off the apple brand but finally actually tells you what the bloody thing does

it would be nice if it says "organise photos" "enjoy music" etc instead of just iLife... for Switchers who have not yet known the iLife....

where i am living right now, macs (not ipods) have say, 1% market share, they've had some 'demo days' but everybody walks by, looks at it, and generally keeps on walking, saying, ah, thats, cool, but most people wallk on by without knowing what this bloody mac thing is about... like a exec at Veritas told me, nah, Apple... they just make music player, that iPod thing... after doing some googling i realise that he's a dumbass because veritas supports windows, linux, and guess what, Os X. dumbass.

overall, good stuff, thanks for listening if ya did to my input. the time HAS COME for apple to stop marketing just based on looks, there is so much love and hidden secrets and MAGIC and wonderful stuff under the hood, including for chrissakes an industrial, mission-critical strength operating system designed to possibly run for months without having to restart

keep spreading the message people, the masses are intrigued
  • Reply 5 of 8
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    ha ha i just read some of the reviews on the site you posted the ad... some pee cee fanboys are getting flustered yet still rating your clip quite highly...!

damn, some of them are real haterz...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Kassandra your add rules, I dam near want to go out and buy a Mac mini. Absolutely killer!!!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

the time HAS COME for apple to stop marketing just based on looks, there is so much love and hidden secrets and MAGIC and wonderful stuff under the hood, including for chrissakes an industrial, mission-critical strength operating system designed to possibly run for months without having to restart

As long as you don't install updates regularly.

Not to rain on your parade, but the longest I ran an operating system without a restart was three months. It was a computer running Windows NT 4.0. Since then, I really haven't cared when I realized how much of a waste of power it was, I figured it proved a point sufficiently anyway.

But anyway, the mini ad is pretty cool. It would be nice if Apple went back to actually advertising their computers a reasonable amount. I figure part of the reason that the iPod line is so successful is that Apple actually ran ads for their products from the very beginning with the Jeff Goldblum TV ad and still does to this day, I saw the nano TV ad.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Yeah, I<ve wondered that. Apple has historically always put out really good ads but there hasn't been a non-ipod ad for quite some time.