Controlling iTunes remotely-physically.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hey all,

currently i've got my computer + music collection in my room.

i want to know if anyone knows of a simple (and cheap) piece of hardware that would allow me to skip songs, etc in iTunes from my bed?

of course the obvious way is to simply get an extension cord on my keyboard and drag it across to my bed, but i was looking for an alternative.

also, is there a good-reliable, RAM & CPU-friendly iTunes visualiser that will display the current-playing track information? (such as length, rating, artist, album, etc)

thanks all

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    keyspan express remote. i just got one and it rocks.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Bluetooth equipped phone plus Salling Clicker.

It is fantastic and just wait until 3.0 comes along. It. Kicks. Ass. 8)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Bluetooth equipped phone plus Salling Clicker.

It is fantastic and just wait until 3.0 comes along. It. Kicks. Ass. 8)

salling clicker doesnt work with the moto razr
  • Reply 4 of 5
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

salling clicker doesnt work with the moto razr

And won´t in 3.0 either As I understand it the system software is not open enough for Salling to make work with his software.

Just another reason why to get a decent telephone.

We should make a collection of all the T68i´s just lying unused and sent them to Mot-challenged Mac users.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    The moment SE makes a cellphone that looks as good as the Razr I'll buy it, 'till then I'm far more about how it looks and works as a phone to talk to people with, rather then photos, video recording and calling (if 3G is around), music, remote control, etc...

Of course I wouldn't object if Moto hired some ex-Apple human interface guys but you can't have everything.