Black Nanos Come With Scratched Screens in Orando Store!!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
In the Apple Store in Orlando, Fl @ Millenia, many iPod Nanos (black ones) are arriving with huge scratches in the screens and are not being accepted as returns until a month from now. I was there just a couple of minutes ago where I got the white one. They are sending coustomers back and furious. This is quite unfair for early adopters and must to stop if Apple intendets to lure new iPod coustumers and not create bad PR. Please wirte on your thought about this and if it is happening in other places.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    fngfng Posts: 222member
    I'd freak out. People who got those should reverse the charge with their credit card company.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    As long as they're still replacing it in a month, with a NEW one (non-refurbished), I'd be OK with that. It gives you a chance to see how well it holds up to abuse, and still have a brand new one a month later. I see your point though, a lot of the value of the product is its jewel-like looks.

I live in the Orlando area and thought I'd be better off ordering on line. I guessed wrong there. I ordered a black nano on Intro Day (7 Sep). Even with overnight shipping, it won't be here until Wed (14 Sep) (estimated ship date now Tuesday). I think this is the first time for me that Apple has over-promised and under-delivered (when I ordered it they said 'ships in 1-3 days,' but at this point it will be shipping in 4 days). I guess it's because they underestimated demand of black nanos.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    The nano looks better in black.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

I love ice cream.

I think its a great service from the store. Test drive your iPod Nano for a month, learn how easy it scratch and get a new one.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:

That's preference, not fact.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

I love ice cream.

So do I.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by OrbitPink

That's preference, not fact.

According to the poll I conducted this morning it's a fact. When I asked all of my daughter's stuffed animals to raise their hand if the thought the nano looked best in white, not a single one raised their hand. My daughter then took her animals away. I had to assume that they all preferred the nano in black.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Here's another opinion for you. Online forums are full of smartasses.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

Here's another opinion for you. Online forums are full of smartasses.

Thanks for demonstrating.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    I am the only person who exists, you all are figments of my imagination. Since I think that the nano looks best in black, it really is best in black. 8)

Anyway, if I got a scratched screen from the store, I would get it in writing that I could return it a month later.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    I guess if I got to keep the scratched one and then got a new one in a month I would be okay with that. I'd keep my freak out under control.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

This is clearly part of Apple's new iPod Pre-Scratch? Program. Rather that worry about ruining your brand-new iPod yourself, Apple experts apply custom-designed wear-and-tear-lines prior to delivery, by implementing the same technology used to engrave your iPod.

Now, you don't have to create worry lines of your own about where and when you will first scratch on your iPod.

As always, Apple has already done the work for you, now that they own the entire widget: the hardware, the software and the environmental damage.

GTSC
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Kind of like stone washed jeans?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by F1Turbo

As long as they're still replacing it in a month, with a NEW one (non-refurbished), I'd be OK with that. It gives you a chance to see how well it holds up to abuse, and still have a brand new one a month later. I see your point though, a lot of the value of the product is its jewel-like looks.

I live in the Orlando area and thought I'd be better off ordering on line. I guessed wrong there. I ordered a black nano on Intro Day (7 Sep). Even with overnight shipping, it won't be here until Wed (14 Sep) (estimated ship date now Tuesday). I think this is the first time for me that Apple has over-promised and under-delivered (when I ordered it they said 'ships in 1-3 days,' but at this point it will be shipping in 4 days). I guess it's because they underestimated demand of black nanos.

Well, Apple came through for me after all. My black nano was shipped on Saturday and received Monday, 12 Sep--so they DID make their initial, estimated delivery schedule. Kudos, Apple!
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by F1Turbo

Well, Apple came through for me after all. My black nano was shipped on Saturday and received Monday, 12 Sep--so they DID make their initial, estimated delivery schedule. Kudos, Apple!

Mine came 3 days ahead of time.