Photoshop question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have a photo that I want to add too I want to add a frame and another image to it could someone tell me how. In laymen terms. PS CS2 is on the way but I do have the tryout version (hopefully it will be here by the end of day)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Hello, any ideas? i know you guys are better than no comments
  • Reply 2 of 9
    i don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. what do you mean add a frame and another image? sort of a vague description of what you want and it requires very specific direction. so nobody can give you an answer at the moment.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by admactanium

i don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. what do you mean add a frame and another image? sort of a vague description of what you want and it requires very specific direction. so nobody can give you an answer at the moment.

Yeah, what he said.

What're you talking about?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by RichardH

Yeah, what he said.

LOL

why even bother replying if that is all you have to say!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by sparhawk

LOL

why even bother replying if that is all you have to say!

Because I'm stoned, still awake and bored. Why else read crazy rants on the net and reply to 'em do0d.

Other than all that, I spend half my life in cs2 so I probably have a brilliant answer that solves every problem in the entire universe... unless it doesn't.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    The "Actions" palette has a basic action to "Make (Wood) Frame", or you could create your own...

Making a Frame

Alternate instructions

If you're looking to use another picture as the frame of picture 1...

Select All of pic 1. Go to Select Menu and modify -> Border = 20 (or width of frame)

Switch to image of pic 2. Select all. Copy.

Switch to image 1 with selection border. Paste.

Voila... image 1 with border frame using image 2.

If that's not what you want, try providing clearer description or example links.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    that's it I knew one of you guys would understand what I needed .Thank you.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    what it sounds like, is that all you have to do is do a cut and pace... or just taking a frame, and adding it to the picture... its pretty self explanitory.... take the pic of the frame you want... and cut and paste it.... and if theres a filler color in the middle of the fram or whatever... in the layers bar that you have docked on the right side, just highlight the frames layer and then erase the filler color... not that hard really
  • Reply 9 of 9
    I'm very new to this but I'm catching on.......... Thanks guys!