iPod Settlement- ETA of $50 giftcard

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I was just wondering when the 1G,2G, and 3G iPod owners are expected to recieve their $50 giftcards for the battery settlement. I was hoping to get that towards the Nano. The final date of submision is Sept. 30, 2005. Do you guys think they'll send it after that date? cause that would be a very long time from now!!! Any info on the settlement please put it here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I have a 2G 20GB iPod that qualifies for the settlement. I sent the paperwork in on June 8 and still haven't received the gift card. So I guess the question becomes has anyone received the gift card or cash yet?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I haven't, and I'm also looking to put it toward the Nano. My 3G ipod battery life is now down to 1 hour. Of course, I put in a 3rd party battery about 6 months ago so I can't blame Apple for that. I CAN however blame them for the reason I went with a third party battery - my battery life after one year was down to about 2.5 hours, and there was no way I was spending $100 to get that fixed.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    anyone get their's yet?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    hkbaqhkbaq Posts: 58member
    not yet...hopeefully by november....to be able to take advantage of the thanksgiving sale
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DrewMG

I haven't, and I'm also looking to put it toward the Nano. My 3G ipod battery life is now down to 1 hour. Of course, I put in a 3rd party battery about 6 months ago so I can't blame Apple for that. I CAN however blame them for the reason I went with a third party battery - my battery life after one year was down to about 2.5 hours, and there was no way I was spending $100 to get that fixed.

My 3G iPod battery life sucks too. I can go from fully charged to fully dead in minutes.

I opted for a battery replacement. I am hoping that Apple just sends me a refurb when they receive my iPod.

I have heard nothing on this. Not even an acknowledgment that Apple received my paperwork.

The wait continues.