Can Quicksilver RAM slot use 1GB DIMM???

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
gonna get some more PC133 for my QS, i just want to make sure that it takes a 1GB DIMM in a single slot. does CL2 or CL3 make much difference in terms of performance??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Check out http://www.crucial.com to find out exactly what's compatible with your machine.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    can anyone tell me if 1 GB DIMMs are accepted for QS ?? crucial has nothin of that sort of info on their site

also why is PC133 so expensive? i looked on pricewatch and you can get pc3200 $62 shipped for 1GB.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

can anyone tell me if 1 GB DIMMs are accepted for QS ?? crucial has nothin of that sort of info on their site

also why is PC133 so expensive? i looked on pricewatch and you can get pc3200 $62 shipped for 1GB.

There are 3 different QuickSilver Power Macs according to MacTracker. You don't say which QS you have, but they all take a maximum of 1.5 GB RAM in 3 slots, implying that 512 is the biggest they will take. However, you should check xlr8yourmac.com to see if people have had success with larger size DIMMs.

The PC133 is expensive because nobody uses it anymore. It has always been that way with older memory modules. Check eBay.