KVM Switch, MS Keyboard, MS Office 2004 and Mini; my keyboard goes nuts sometimes

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
In MS Office, namely, MS Excel, my keyboard hangs up. For instance, my enter key will just start entering away at will or the period key will kick in and not stop until I hit a key on the keyboard.

The biggest annoyance is when the letters all come out upper case regardless of how many times you beat on the caps lock key. This happens throughout the OS and really gets my goat.

I replaced the wireless keyboard with a wired MS keyboard I had laying around. The problems still occur with the key hanging and "letter case" problem.

Has anyone else experienced these weird symptoms and would getting a apple keyboard more than likely fix my problem?

TIA!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    You wouldn't happen to have a Belkin KVM would you?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dz|dweeb

You wouldn't happen to have a Belkin KVM would you?

Yes.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Plug your keyboard into the USB port on the KKM labeled "Device 1". Plug any spare USB device (I use a spare mouse) into where you currently have your keyboard plugged in.

If you have the same Belkin KVM as I your problem should be solved
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Thanks for the advice. I will give that a shot first thing in the morning and post back my results.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Plug your keyboard into the USB port on the KKM labeled "Device 1". Plug any spare USB device (I use a spare mouse) into where you currently have your keyboard plugged in.

If you have the same Belkin KVM as I your problem should be solved

That worked! Thanks! I would like to note that I had to plug in a mouse to the keyboard slot too, a memory card reader would not stop the beep sound.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I'm glad I was able to help. It's a goofy workaround for a product that advertises Mac support. I won't be buying another Belkin KVM.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

I'm glad I was able to help. It's a goofy workaround for a product that advertises Mac support. I won't be buying another Belkin KVM.

I agree with that. Belkin is off my list. I am hoping for the MacTels's to run windows programs and decent speeds so I can run autocad on it. If hat happens, than this switch is gone and so is the pc.