Question from the dark side

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So yeah, I have a zen.

My question is this:

Can you transfer album art to the ipod nano through itunes?

Or does it only do that for itunes-bought songs.

Sorry if that seems spectacularly ignorant, I've always been a Creative man myself but the nano looks quite spanky.

Despite being the proud owner of a powebook I dont use itunes

Ta much!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ripkord

So yeah, I have a zen.

My question is this:

Can you transfer album art to the ipod nano through itunes?

Or does it only do that for itunes-bought songs.

Sorry if that seems spectacularly ignorant, I've always been a Creative man myself but the nano looks quite spanky.

Despite being the proud owner of a powebook I dont use itunes

Ta much!

You can transfer any album art you please, though for non-itunes songs you usually have to add it yourself (drag and drop jpegs into itunes).
  • Reply 2 of 7
    heh, drag and drop. quality.

thanks
  • Reply 3 of 7
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    no problem, have fun with the nano (if you do end up getting one)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I'm gonna try it out in the store first if they will let me, and see how it sounds, I know its likely to be technically inferior to what I have but If I cant tell the difference then I might just have to purchase one
  • Reply 5 of 7
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ripkord

I'm gonna try it out in the store first if they will let me, and see how it sounds, I know its likely to be technically inferior to what I have but If I cant tell the difference then I might just have to purchase one

Technically inferior? You mean lacking fm + recording?

Music quality is going to depend on what bit rate you encode at, I should think, more than anything else.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    AFAIR 2G Mini's, Shuffles, 4G iPods, Nano's all use a superior sound chip to earlier models.

In addition to drag and drop there are a number of programs out there to detect and download artwork for the currently playing song in iTunes (Clutter, Sofa, etc).
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I have imported artwork to all my albums but my new nano doesnt display them all, even though I made sure to use the exact same method and the exact same dimention of picture each time wtf?

edit - no matter solved by removing all music form ipod and re-uploading it.