Mail 2.0 issues.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This really hadn't been anything other than a minor annoyance until now, but...

Mail 2.0 will only log in to 2 email accounts at one time, and is marking the others as offline. I've had to add 2 new hgh prioriy email accounts this morning, and I'm really sick of having to hit "Get Mail" a doen times waiting for Mail to log in to the accunts I want.

This isn't an issue of never being able to log in to any of the accounts. It just randomly chooses 2 of the 6 I now have (4 on one server, 2 on another) to log in to at any one time.

Thoughts?

Note: When I right click on each of the accounts individually and choose to get all new mail, they all log in ust fine.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Strange. Mine logs into 3 accounts no problem.

There is a "synchronize account" item - might be worth a try. And the checkbox in Prefs for making the accounts active. Just a wild guess.

The next thing to do is make a temporary user account from System Prefs -> Accounts, log into it, and re-enter the Mail account info there. That will tell you whether the problem is in the Mail plist file on the original account.

The temporary account will re-fetch all your mail, but it should not change the status of your original IMAP Mail accounts.

Or you could temporarily move the com.apple.mail.plist file that is in ~/Library/Preferences to the Desktop and relaunch Mail, and see what gives. You may have to reenter the account info.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    synch has no effect.

accounts are already all activated. as I said, I can choose get mail for each account individually and it works properly.

I have to say, I'm not terribly interested in re-creating all my accounts and importing thousands of emails.