Buy a powerbook now or wait?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Im looking to buy a 15" Powerbook. Should I buy it now? Or Should I wait? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Krob81

Im looking to buy a 15" Powerbook. Should I buy it now? Or Should I wait? Any thoughts?

You have to read the existing forum topics before posting a new thread like this.

Try here.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Oh FFS.

Can't some 'bot' be written to automagically kill stupid threads like this?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Thanks Krispie.

I read that postings:

"Powerbook update never coming"

And you all just get into tech speak.

I just had a simple question.

Quote:

Originally posted by krispie

Oh FFS.

Can't some 'bot' be written to automagically kill stupid threads like this?

• Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Thanks Krispie.

I read that postings:

Krob81

I don't blame you. I love reading posts like these. If everyone held back, there wouldn't be any posts about Powerbooks.

It is a very difficult time to decide, if one should buy a Powerbook. On one hand, the last week of January was the last update, which means one would hope an update was imminent. However, the shipping times at Apple.com are still 24 hours, and Think Secret posted a story last week that updates may not come until January. I would personally wait at least until the end of September. However, you just never know. You never know, if an update is nearing unless you hear some very reliable rumors. It is a tough thing to call.

If the Powerbooks are not updated until January, I would think the January update would be substantial. Otherwise, they would push to get a small update out this fall. I still think a fall update could come, but again, we just don't know.

I will say this: If the Powerbooks are updated this fall, it will not be a huge update. They might go to the 7448 processor, which would be an improvement, and they might add a few things: extra gigabytes, extra memory, and maybe standard superdrives. However, it won't be a big revision.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Thanks Krispie.

I read that postings:

You could still have asked your question on the "Powerbook update never coming" thread...

Anyway, if you need a Powerbook right now, buy it right now. If you can afford to wait, wait until October (but an update of the Powerbook line is unlikely, and if one happens, the Powerbooks will still be G4 etc etc...). If you have no particular deadline, wait until January-February, when we may see the first Intel Powerbooks.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    These threads are always stupid, as they always have the same two options:

If you need it now, buy.

If you don't, wait.

The answer is simple and obvious, so it's not worth asking so many times. Anyone who asks it is surely a troll or an eejit?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    If you need it now... get it... if you don't... wait...

Simple....

Locked.

b.