Apple Alarm Clock

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
How about an Apple Alarm clock.

Small, about the size of an average paperback novel. Equipt with 802.11b, it has a clock, in apple font of course. iTunes would recongize the clock through Bonjour and you can create a playlist for your alarm clock or you can use a default sound. Or, if you are really clever, you can create your own alarm clock wake up sounds with Quicktime's new audio input.

The Apple Alarm clock can play any of the iTunes internet radio stations too.

Dual alarms, Apple standard font for the numbers, take it with you on the road by attaching iPod (as the music source).

Extra cool options for the SDK.

Dashboard Widget interactions. A few seconds after the alarm goes off, the clock fades and the widgets, such as Weather, Date, Word of the day, Date Reminders, would appear giving you a heads up on the days events.

White Noise - It can come with a sleep timer with various white noise sounds, rain forest, rolling ocean waves.

I think this would be cool for under $100.

However, the other items mentioned in the forums, Apple PVR, iPod Cell Phone/PDA, Xstation, 42" Monitor, iSight HD, and Tablet would be really cool too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    A very nice idea. However, it is probably more likely that these features would find there way into future iPods. I like the idea.

Have a mac that manages everything somewhere else. You have your speakers set up (perhaps on Airport Express) and then you have your iPod in your dock by your bedside. The dock would have a wireless card built in. The iPod would basically have to be an iPod photo (to display widget info). The iPod would set your alarm and play your selected song (or whatever) through the speakers, and then fetch the appropriate widget information from your mac once you switch the alarm off.

This could be a great feature and a good edition to the evolution of the digital lifestyle.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    geobegeobe Posts: 235member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattyj

A very nice idea. However, it is probably more likely that these features would find there way into future iPods. I like the idea.

Have a mac that manages everything somewhere else. You have your speakers set up (perhaps on Airport Express) and then you have your iPod in your dock by your bedside. The dock would have a wireless card built in. The iPod would basically have to be an iPod photo (to display widget info). The iPod would set your alarm and play your selected song (or whatever) through the speakers, and then fetch the appropriate widget information from your mac once you switch the alarm off.

This could be a great feature and a good edition to the evolution of the digital lifestyle.

This is what i had in mind when I wrote this. I was in Office Depot today and saw this behind some glass. Very cool.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    or how about an Apple iToast...

Seriously, I like the alarm clock idea.... At the mo I use my iPod with a Bose Sound dock to wake me up.... pretty much an Apple Alarm clock right there.

b.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Apple Alarm Clock exists... http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/features.html
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I like the idea. I've basically already done it with my PowerBook with a few scripts. Unfortunately I don't see one coming from Apple anytime soon.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I'd buy one immediately!

But not if it is an iPod feature. To me, the iPod should remain simple and not become an all-in-one digital life device. Its power lies in its simplicity.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by geobe

This is what i had in mind when I wrote this. I was in Office Depot today and saw this behind some glass. Very cool.

When I posted this, I forgot to add the link to the web site. Sorry.

http://www.ihomeaudio.com/flash/default.asp

This is really cool. There are a couple more things I would like to add, but other than that, this is right to me.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Something a bit like this? http://www.rokulabs.com/products/sou...adio/index.php

- Jasen.