My Windows Machine Won't Recognize My iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have my ipod mini hooked up to my windows machine. Everytime I put the ipod cord into the usb port it doesn't recognize my ipod in iTunes. I've tried putting the cord into different usb port and it's still not recognizing it.

Any Help Would Be Appreciated!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Assuming it is a 3rd or 4th gen and therefor it can run on both Mac and Windows, i would try to find the firmware updater and run that on the iPod. Did you get AppleCare? Maybe they could also help.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I've used it on Windows before. When I plug it in a window pops up showing my ipod as a fat32 drive and has three folders contacts,calendars and notes and I get this message saying that other users are using my ipod.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Have you updated the windows box to iTunes 5?

There are numerous reports out about problems with the windows version of 5. My iPod is not functional with iTunes 5 until apple fixes "something". I have spent a total of 4-5 hours trying to fix it.

Are you waiting for iTunes to launch when it is plugged in. Trying launching iTunes and then plugging in the iPod. Do you get an error that the Ipod software is not installed correctly?