.Mac is down! New toys on the way?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
10pm central time and .Mac is down. Is Steve redecorating? New stuff? Guess we wait and see.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    12:00AM CST....one more hour till they give us something that almost justifies the cost!

Perhaps we will see 300MB storage?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    to justify the cost ya'll need like 8gb storage, Too bad you can't access linux run servers
  • Reply 3 of 14
    BTW, I primarily use GMail. It has a cool interface, account capacity is not an issue - and it's free. I just don't see a real point in .Mac, at least for now.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    .mac comes with 1gb standard now, upgradable to 2gb for 49.95
  • Reply 5 of 14
    What does .Mac stuff have to do in the Future Hardware thread?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    because a few minutes ago it would be in the future that they would reveal something that was hard to believe.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by jtaylr77

because a few minutes ago it would be in the future that they would reveal something that was hard to believe.

Certainly not future HARDWARE!
  • Reply 8 of 14
    1 gig was a $50 upgrade, now it is standard. I'll take it. We will see if Backup 3 is better. I sure hope so.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Backup 3 is really nice!

I will mention though that I am not seeing our exclusive dashboard widgets.

Still though love the extra space and I love Backup 3.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The One to Rescue

Certainly not future HARDWARE!

Well, there is no future software category here.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

Well, there is no future software category here.

But there was a ".mac is down" thread in the Applications category. This definitely is about software.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    yeah, Backup 3 is better for sure. So far no issues. And I Like the new Group deal in .Mac. Im gonna have to fudge around with it in the morn.

Thnx Apple

and.. im sure the thread will be moved soon so please stop complaining about it. Its not that big of a deal.. geez
  • Reply 13 of 14
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The One to Rescue

But there was a ".mac is down" thread in the Applications category. This definitely is about software.

Yeah but you broke the golden rule here at Appleinsider by creating an "Apple store is down" thread. Ha!
  • Reply 14 of 14
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Emin

BTW, I primarily use GMail. It has a cool interface, account capacity is not an issue - and it's free. I just don't see a real point in .Mac, at least for now.

Syncing between two Macs is worth every penny for me.