Sci-Fi GeekOut This Friday Night (USA)

Comments

• Reply 61 of 158
    42 on Monday for myself.

Ahh, the Christmas/New Years babies. There has to be a spike of Birthdays around mid September based on all the people I know, or is it me just paying attention to other people's birthdays around the time of my own?
  • Reply 62 of 158
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

42 on Monday for myself.

Ahh, the Christmas/New Years babies. There has to be a spike of Birthdays around mid September based on all the people I know, or is it me just paying attention to other people's birthdays around the time of my own?

I always attributed it to people being snowed in.
  • Reply 63 of 158
    Birthday threads are thataway--->

Tonight's episode was another gem. Good stuff all around for the most part. I like the fact that Adama still refered to Sharon as "that thing"... Despite her saving their collective asses.

troberts, yep, it's a great show.

I have kinda given up on SG and Atlantis. The Palefaces suck as big bad enemies. Just my .02...

LOST has/had so much potential. I just can't get beyond the glaring plotholes. People walking around the jungle by themselves despite the "monster" lurking about. Too much casual stupidity, considering their situation.
  • Reply 64 of 158
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

Too much casual stupidity, considering their situation.

Yeah but people are in real life casually stupid.
  • Reply 65 of 158
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

LOST has/had so much potential. I just can't get beyond the glaring plotholes. People walking around the jungle by themselves despite the "monster" lurking about. Too much casual stupidity, considering their situation.

Then you should definitely watch the episode "Numbers," where Hurley bitches about how that doesn't make sense?and how no one has gone looking for it.
  • Reply 66 of 158
    Waitaminute. Are they really airing the finale next week? 10 episodes? WTF?
  • Reply 67 of 158
    ^That's what I was wondering...
  • Reply 68 of 158
    **SPOILER WARNING: THRESHOLD**

ok, just saw threshold... hmmm nice playing with different elements eg the n-dimensional thing to take it to the next level beyond "x-files". they crammed a hell of a lot of stuff into the first episode. really quite quick cuts. good to see brent spiner start to stretch his wing beyond Data and 'crazy scientist' dude in movies (at least now he is "weird doctor" and not so much "crazy scientist")... heh. and the guy from Alien3 (the priest-prisoner)... al pacino's characters' wife from Heat (1993)... and a few developing leading characters eg. crazy guy, lonely scientist leader-chick and mercenary-army guy. the little person actor has a really engaging voice and delivery, great contrast to his stature. interesting casting, looks like they are not taking the easy way out, although i thought it would take at least several episodes for them to decypher the three-arm logo... maybe thats the shape of the galaxy the aliens are from... not just a mathematical thing... hmmm 8)

i cant read any of your posts since friday night EST because i haven't watched BSG yet. i'll be back...
  • Reply 69 of 158
    I've just heard that Season 2 of Galactica won't air in Canada till the New Year.

• Reply 70 of 158
    BSG just continues to freakin' rule. I love the survivors counter at the beginning of each show. I'm surprised there have been no births however.

I know SG-1 isn't as popular in this thread, but did anyone notice that the cancer man from the X-Files played an Ori? He was on the episode 2 or 3 weeks back, and they did a flashback on last Friday's episode, and that's where I finally remembered where I had seen his face before.

There have been quite an amount of celebrities on SG-1 lately. Neat twist turning the Louis Gossett, Jr. character into an Ori to preach the message to the Jaffa.
  • Reply 71 of 158
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

I've just heard that Season 2 of Galactica won't air in Canada till the New Year.

Well there's only like 3 episodes. You're not missing much.
  • Reply 72 of 158
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

BSG just continues to freakin' rule. I love the survivors counter at the beginning of each show. I'm surprised there have been no births however.

Well, there's about to be one
  • Reply 73 of 158
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    And about to be another...
  • Reply 74 of 158
    As a kid I was a fan of BSG 1980 but felt it was too watered down. This BSG has got a lot more to it. The only thing that bothers me is the cylons red scanner eye in the new series. I think they should have droped it. It actually looked and sounded better in the old series.

I don't care for the SG shows. They seem too watered down like many SciFi shows usually get.

Questions:

Is the prego cylon really helping the humans?

I think the cylons are just playing mind games to have the Cy-man born. And she knows it.

Ellen Tigh a cylon?

Hmmm I am guessing yes.
  • Reply 75 of 158
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    It is in her best interest to help in order to save the kid. If she doesn't, Adama would riddle her with bullets and open an airlock.

.: Spoilers and Speculation :.

I would take a SERIOUS look at her arm as evidence of what she did. Normally, humans don't come with built-in transceivers. If a Cylon could choose to build technology from themselves at will, they are all screwed. Along with a virus, she could have also transmitted other sensitive information.
  • Reply 76 of 158
    phew. that bsg was intense. heh. nice retro reference with the 'blackbird' is it just me or is this the first show where any sort of 'cyborg' actually looked like he/she/it felt real pain when accessing her wetware... ya know, terminator, ghost in the shell, they all like 'ghost hack' without feeling anything, like its really easy... in this episode the blood and sharon looking really pained and all, makes the 'ghost hack' feel more real...
  • Reply 77 of 158
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

It is in her best interest to help in order to save the kid. If she doesn't, Adama would riddle her with bullets and open an airlock.

.: Spoilers and Speculation :.

I would take a SERIOUS look at her arm as evidence of what she did. Normally, humans don't come with built-in transceivers. If a Cylon could choose to build technology from themselves at will, they are all screwed. Along with a virus, she could have also transmitted other sensitive information.

You would think if Sharon had some kind of port in her arm that would make it really easy to detect the 8 Cylons (is the Cylon reporter still in the fleet?) that are left.

I don't think they'll add Sharon's 1/2 Cylon baby to the survivor count since she isn't totally human.
  • Reply 78 of 158
    PBG, excellent point.

suni, That was good. The closest portrayal of cyborg "pain" up to now was in another top-flight sci-fi series, Space; Above And Beyond's "Angriest Angel" episode. Commander McQueen puts the blade to Elroy El's innards to "extract" Chig info. That was an excellent episode from an excellent show.

Couple of items:

Racetrack has become one of the bad-asses. Cool.

The Master Chief's "obsession" and sense of loss. YES.

Speaking of which, Helo got a (deservedly) cold reception. However, the Chief was COVERING up (dead) Sharon's odd behavior.

Apollo looking at Dee walking away and thinking, "hmm, it's been a while, I'm horny..."

The President only has maybe a month of life left...
  • Reply 79 of 158
    Pure Speculation: I'm coming to the conclusion that the 'human' cylons have plans that the other toasters don't know about. I think the androids are working toward some human cylon merge and if a bunch of robots get creamed along the way who cares. For the androids this is some holy quest for a higher life form. The question is will the humans accept the little abominations. Maybe at some point it will be the humans/androids versus the old robotic cylons. Lots of possibilities here for asking questions about what it is to be human etc. Good stuff.

PS, I think Tigh's wife is just a standard human bitch.
  • Reply 80 of 158
    Quote:

Pure Speculation: I'm coming to the conclusion that the 'human' cylons have plans that the other toasters don't know about. I think the androids are working toward some human cylon merge and if a bunch of robots get creamed along the way who cares. For the androids this is some holy quest for a higher life form. The question is will the humans accept the little abominations. Maybe at some point it will be the humans/androids versus the old robotic cylons. Lots of possibilities here for asking questions about what it is to be human etc. Good stuff.

The chick in Baltar's brain already said the Cylon's plan is the extinction of the human race. So I think there are a couple of scenarios:

1. The Cylons don't want to destroy the fleet just yet. If the Cylon's plan is for total extinction of the human race, then wouldn't they want the 'rag-tag fugitive fleet' to find Earth? This way the Cylons could exterminate any humans on Earth as well. The Cylons just need to keep putting enough pressure on the remaining fleet to keep them running towards Earth.

2. Similar to number 1 above. The Cylons can't kill the humans until they've learned enough from the humans to procreate in bioCylon form. So far the only successful bioCylon baby is Helo & Sharon's.

Like you said, if the roboCylons figure out they're going to be obsoleted they may turn on their new bioCylon masters just like they did on the humans. The bioCylons may need the humans' help. Still, remember the Cylon raider that Starbuck stole? There was some kind of organic Cylon pilot inside that ship so the only real Cylon robots left seem to be the bipedal attack droids.

Quote:

PS, I think Tigh's wife is just a standard human bitch.