No Swoosh Sent Sound

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Mail does send the email (I found the problem) but does not play the typical swoosh send sound. Email preferences does have play other mail sounds checked.

???

Merci!

Henry Ledgard

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by hledgard

Mail does send the email (I found the problem) but does not play the typical swoosh send sound. Email preferences does have play other mail sounds checked.

???

Merci!

Henry Ledgard

Is your system volume set high enough? I usually have to set it to at least 50% to hear it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    This has happened to me periodocally. It has always come back if I closed and restarted Mail, or if I rebooted the computer. Seems like this shouldn't ever happen, but it has.

Fairly recently, though, I completely rehauled the stuff on my Tibook to reclaim harddrive space and clean it out-- got rid of a bunch of third party programs and reinstalled Tiger. Since then, never experienced the problem again (a few months without problems, whereas woosh disappeared daily).

My guess there was a third party program conflict of some sort. Sorry I can't pinpoint what it may have been...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Thanks !

I do miss the sound, as I thought it was a great touch of Human Engineering by Apple.

Sincerely,

Dr. Ledgard