Cingular and Apple may team on music download service

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

what were you expecting?!

What I'm saying is that it only satisfied absolute minimum expectations, and it sounds like the market isn't going for it either.

A good quality, non-crippled phone with good features, easy to use and looks good? A good synch connection? If it really is USB 1.1, then it failed in pretty basic expectations almost all around. It doesn't look good, its music features intentionally crippled, a turd link speed, and from the impressions I hear, not easy to use. Maybe it would have been thought of as an exciting phone several years ago, it doesn't compare well against the standard iPod.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

What I'm saying is that it only satisfied absolute minimum expectations, and it sounds like the market isn't going for it either.

A good quality, non-crippled phone with good features, easy to use and looks good? A good synch connection? If it really is USB 1.1, then it failed in pretty basic expectations almost all around. It doesn't look good, its music features intentionally crippled, a turd link speed, and from the impressions I hear, not easy to use. Maybe it would have been thought of as an exciting phone several years ago, it doesn't compare well against the standard iPod.

it's not supposed to compare to an iPod - it's an alternative and Apple doesn't want to threaten the iPod line either. Motorola phones are not easy to use - why would Apple develop this for them?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

I don't know, the current "iTunes phone" doesn't satisfy many expectations unless you mean "well, it's a phone, and it does happen to play music".

It's a little more than just that, don't you think?

It's a phone that lets you play music from iTunes. The service that 80% of the people on the planet that can get music online prefer.

And if it's true about Cingular offering iTunes to their customers at slightly more than off Apple's site, then it's going to be far cheaper than any other phone company will offer.

That's called the other shoe falling.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    well for the record i'll repeat yet again for the sony ericsson users on these forums. generally, our expectations were iPhone should be something like [iPod mini] + [SE T630/Kseries]. when the e390 "placeholders" came up, that's when most of us SE users were like, okay, well, this might be crap, and then when finally announced, most of us SE users were like, well, glad this rubbish is finally over. moving on...
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Originally posted by melgross

That's called the other shoe falling....

hey i haven't heard that expression in a while. i've completely forgotten what the hell it means
  • Reply 26 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Originally posted by melgross

That's called the other shoe falling....

hey i haven't heard that expression in a while. i've completely forgotten what the hell it means

Think of chess. The first shoe is when your opponent says "check". You move out of check with the best move you think you have. So now you feel the heat is off. You stick your finger in your collar and move the cloth around allowing the sweat to evaporate. Hey, that was the worst he could do! You're safe. His move failed.

Your opponent moves one more piece and says "checkmate". That's the other shoe.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... ....