Wouldn't Omni build the absolute most killer html application?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I wish Omni would build a killer html app. Their programs are so sweet and work well, I can't imagine how happy I would be with a html eidtor from them.

Anyone else feel the same as me here?

Sorry, I am just dreaming...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    fngfng Posts: 222member
    Is the unnamed killer app' out there? I guess iTunes/iPod is killer. Google is killer. What will be the next killer app'?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fng

Is the unnamed killer app' out there? I guess iTunes/iPod is killer. Google is killer. What will be the next killer app'?

I'm sorry, I meant html WebPage creator app. I think Omni would build a great program. Omnigraffle rocks and its interface is awesome.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    fngfng Posts: 222member
    Yea I'm sorry. I know what you mean. I got transfixed on the "kill app'" aspect of it. I don't know about html editors. Is what's out there that bad?
  • Reply 4 of 12
    What the world needs is more WYSIWYG editors...not raw HTML editors. I know people feel so 133t coding their website by hand but it's time consuming and boring.

RapidWeaver, for example, is an amazing WYSIWYG website creation app. The original problem with WYSIWYG editors that made people wince is that they didn't produce compliant code. Microsoft's editors in particular. But as long as you are guaranteed the app can produce compliant code, WYSIWYG is the way to go.

Omni could come up with that kind of editor.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    It's not just compliance, but bloat. For the hobbyist this would be acceptable but no experienced professional is going to use a visual editor. Whether there's a market for that or not, I don't know.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Just have a look at the new Freeway 4 beta!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    The Mozilla html editor is actually my favorite. It's so simple. Of course I don't write "real" web pages with all the doodads of the 21st century.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by abilstein

It's not just compliance, but bloat. For the hobbyist this would be acceptable but no experienced professional is going to use a visual editor. Whether there's a market for that or not, I don't know.

I suppose no experienced professionals use InterfaceBuilder either...they all code their app interfaces by hand, right?

And no professional writer would ever use Word, they all painstakingly write their stories with low level code.

While these professional web page creators manage to create up 1 page, I can create 3 websites. :/
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

And no professional writer would ever use Word, they all painstakingly write their stories with low level code.

Hell. We use Pencil 2.0!
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Hell. We use Pencil 2.0!

Publisher 1.0 doesn't like that you use Pencil 2.0 or any version of Pencil. Pencil 1.x and up may only be used for personal use.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Publisher 1.0 doesn't like that you use Pencil 2.0 or any version of Pencil. Pencil 1.x and up may only be used for personal use.

Publisher 1.0? I haven't encountered that yet. I'm still dealing with Small Press Run By Old-School Curmudgeons Who Fear Change 0.647b.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Publisher 1.0? I haven't encountered that yet. I'm still dealing with Small Press Run By Old-School Curmudgeons Who Fear Change 0.647b.

Hehe...ok, yeah, those guys don't mind if you use Pencil.