My Pc-loving friend on the new iMac:

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
"The New iMac scares me...The Future is now"

this guy loves pcs, he used to be kind of anti-mac, and still is when its in good fun. but he appreciates and acknowledges the macintosh as a valid platform these days, he thought the cube was awesome.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    fobiefobie Posts: 216member
    More and more people are accepting the Mac as a valid platform these days, and noone is left untouched by Apples design.

MacOS X is a real masterpiece to, even thou it hasent reached "puberty" yet it is wonderful.

I know many PC users who changed/are about to change to Mac just because MacOS X.

Apples future is bright.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    love my new iMac....but just moved from os 9.1 to X....i really really really love X...it is wonderful and i'm still a newbie with it (glad i didn't start with the beta though....looking forward to 10.2, but have had no complaints with 10.1.2....well classic is slow and iPhoto to iDisk is slow...but other than that, X is great)...g
  • Reply 3 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>love my new iMac....but just moved from os 9.1 to X....i really really really love X...it is wonderful and i'm still a newbie with it (glad i didn't start with the beta though....looking forward to 10.2, but have had no complaints with 10.1.2....well classic is slow and iPhoto to iDisk is slow...but other than that, X is great)...g</strong><hr></blockquote>

i usually dont need books for anything (except this past week, since nothing is going right), but i am tempted to buy a book on OS X just for tips and lesser-known stuff. the OS X transition has been harder for me since i skipped right over 9th grade.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I personally have had nothing but woes with OS X...I don't use it yetm but two of my friends (one with Tibook, other has ibook) both use X...and gawd! It does NOT like 9.1! I'm not about to update to 9.2 since its designed to work with OS X...but not as well on its own(or something like that) I like 9.1...but OS X does NOT like it...the only thing that OS X has been able to do that I was truly Jaw droppingly impressed was connect to the all pc network at my school in under 10 seconds(the time it took me to configure IE)thats right...it was auto configured the moment I put the ethernet cord in the computer!

wow thats sweet!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by mac's girl:

<strong>

i usually dont need books for anything (except this past week, since nothing is going right), but i am tempted to buy a book on OS X just for tips and lesser-known stuff. the OS X transition has been harder for me since i skipped right over 9th grade.</strong><hr></blockquote>

"MacOS X: The missing manual" is an excellent book. Got my copy last week to prepare.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by fobie:

<strong>More and more people are accepting the Mac as a valid platform these days, and noone is left untouched by Apples design.

MacOS X is a real masterpiece to, even thou it hasent reached "puberty" yet it is wonderful.

I know many PC users who changed/are about to change to Mac just because MacOS X.

Apples future is bright.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Mac OS X I the reason I bought an iBook and not a PC laptop. Prior to the release of OS X I did not considier the Mac OS a viable platform. I had a number of issues with it, the main one being it's total lack of stability. When Windows became more stable than the mac I saw the end of Mac OS. However in their brilliance Apple came up with OS X and I used and loved it from the Public Beta.

Wesley
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Another one of my friends on the new iMac:

"it's beautiful"