Mini...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Is now a better time than ever to opt for an iPod Mini, given that prices on remaining retailer's stock are likely to drop, and that it still boasts many supirior 'music-centric' attributes that the nano only bears in lesser qualities, such as capasity?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Esscentially, I wonder if I'm likely to wind up missing more than just photo-viewing capabilities and what an apple representative described it me as, 'next-gen sexiness.'

I asked her back if she'd rather hire a Ph.D or a supermodel.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackwave

I asked her back if she'd rather hire a Ph.D or a supermodel.

I guess that depends on what the job is.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    hehe.

Say, I know the Shuffle was touted for having phenominal sound, but how does the Mini compare to the nano for sound quality?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    The nano kicks the mini's ass up and down the block.

I've used my rev A mini daily for a year and a half and after using my new nano for 5 minutes and picking back up the mini I feel the mini is made of 5 year old technology. I'm not joking.

Then I had a chance to use the nano all day. I truly love it to death and wouldn't trade it for the world!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Oh, the one downside of my nano when compared to my mini is that I can't use FireWire to sync it. Also none of my mini accessories go with the nano, so now I need to by a new armband, clip, dock. Probably need to buy a USB 2.0 hub too as my old Cinema Display only has USB 1.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Right now the nano is cheaper than the Mini in Canada so that says something, I think.