iPhoto doesn't detect camera

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
running under 10.3.9 iPhoto doesn't detect camera on managed account, they have access to iPhoto and image capture. How can i fix it?? Thanks in advance for help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    What camera are you using - does it work in other accounts? When you insert a camera it should appear on the desktop - my EOS 350D doesn't but it appears in the list in image capture.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    It works on my admin account and accounts with no limitations, the camera is a kodak C340, it doesn't mount on the desktop
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by kiwimac

It works on my admin account and accounts with no limitations, the camera is a kodak C340, it doesn't mount on the desktop

Have you disabled external drives on the account?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Forgive my ignorance but I didn't think you could do this on the stand-alone 10.3.9 I thought this option was for server workgroups only, I don't think I have cause people are able to use there little USB flash disc fine. But where would I find this option just to make sure?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Each user has its own prefs for each app - do you have "open iPhoto when camera connected" set in IMAGE CAPTURE Prefs for that user?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

Each user has its own prefs for each app - do you have "open iPhoto when camera connected" set in IMAGE CAPTURE Prefs for that user?

But the camera should appear on the desktop anyway.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    sorry I should have said that image capture doesn't see the camera either
  • Reply 8 of 11
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Some cameras have an option to change between a USB drive, or PictBridge support I think. Check which your Kodak is set to.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Some cameras have an option to change between a USB drive, or PictBridge support I think. Check which your Kodak is set to.

umm don't think it will be this as it works fine on my admin account, thanks for all the help so far
  • Reply 10 of 11
    maybe try using the firewire port instead of the usb? I was confused because this happened to me with a video camera. But I'm not very good with computers. But maybe its worth a try.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by kiwimac

umm don't think it will be this as it works fine on my admin account, thanks for all the help so far

There's either a problem with managed accounts or you've disabled something vital to the process. I'm not sure which one it could be.