iPhone Mockup

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just made a really shoddy mockup in my first attempt at using Photoshop Elements. I should have taken more time over it, but here you go anyway - my idea for an Apple phone - keep the scroll wheel outside thus separating the two main functions - music on the outside, phone on the inside.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    That's cool. But what would you do once it was opened? Wouldn't you want to use the magic of the scroll wheel for managing the device too?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    jiggzjiggz Posts: 31member
    i have seen a number of phones that have multiple numbers on a single piece of plastic that are dialed by pushing this piece of plastic in the correct place (i hope that makes sense) which to me seems similar to the apple click-wheel. it may be possible to integrate the click wheel with the keypad in a similar way. for example, put the click wheel at the center of the keypad and make the top 'click' menu/2, the left 'click' previous/4, the middle button select/5, the right 'click' next/6 and the bottom 'click' play/8. 1, 3, 7, 9, 0, * and # could all be regular buttons. then you would eliminate having excess buttons and the click wheel could be used to navigate through both the itunes and phone menus. Its just a thought.

sorry if this was painfuly confusing.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    That's cool. You could have it so that when you flip the phone your iTunes client pauses. Good job, I'd never be able to do that.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    The screen's too small to play videos.

--B
  • Reply 5 of 9
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

The screen's too small to play videos.

--B

I like this design better:

• Reply 6 of 9
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I love Bang & Olufsen CD players, speakers and televsions, but I'd much rather have a Nokia 8800 than the new B&O phone.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Just made a really shoddy mockup in my first attempt at using Photoshop Elements. I should have taken more time over it, but here you go anyway - my idea for an Apple phone - keep the scroll wheel outside thus separating the two main functions - music on the outside, phone on the inside.

It brings to mind a toilet seat.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Lol, I can't be to blame for the shape of the phone - Sony Ericsson take credit for that one!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

It's funny you should mention that: http://www.electric-chicken.co.uk/itoilet.html