iTunes Preferences Question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I made the mistake quite a while ago to enter the "Don't Show me This Again" message when asked while clearing a file from iTunes. However, my answer was No and now I am wanting to delete these files so that I can move them to the recycle bin. Does anyone know how to reset this preference so that it prompts me again on both Windows and Mac? I've googled and searched the forums but couldn't find anything on this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpp1cd

I made the mistake quite a while ago to enter the "Don't Show me This Again" message when asked while clearing a file from iTunes. However, my answer was No and now I am wanting to delete these files so that I can move them to the recycle bin. Does anyone know how to reset this preference so that it prompts me again on both Windows and Mac? I've googled and searched the forums but couldn't find anything on this.

I looked at the pref files for iTunes and I can't find that boolean setting. It must be in some other obscure place.

Moving to "iPod and iTunes" forum, as you'll need PC advice too.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I think when you reinstall, it will reset the application settings, but you will still keep all of your library and playlists.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Have you checked the music store preferences in your account preferences for the iTMS?