Apple unwraps iTunes 5

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 162
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aegisdesign

It's a pity they missed off the ability to create a smart playlist from the search though. You can do it in Finder and Mail but not iTunes.

Yeah this feature is missing.

Incidentally compare XP to Office XP, WMP, MSN Messenger and I think OS X is far more consistent. Consistency doesn't require everything to look the same remember - but everything in OS X behaves the same.

Quote:

consistency |k?n?s?st(?)nsi| (also consistence ) noun ( pl. -cies) 1 conformity in the application of something, typically that which is necessary for the sake of logic, accuracy, or fairness : the grading system is to be streamlined to ensure greater consistency. ? the achievement of a level of performance that does not vary greatly in quality over time

• Reply 162 of 162
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

Yeah this feature is missing.

Incidentally compare XP to Office XP, WMP, MSN Messenger and I think OS X is far more consistent. Consistency doesn't require everything to look the same remember - but everything in OS X behaves the same.

Bar the skinnable interfaces I find them very consistent.

OSX blatantly doesn't behave the same everywhere as it's such a hotch-potch of UI frameworks now and iTunes is the biggest example of something NOT behaving like an OSX application and always has been. It's old-skool OS9 with a skin on it.

See the OK/Cancel button in Prefs for example where every other application pref relies on the state being saved when you close via the red close widget.

How about the pointer not changing to a column adjuster when you hover over a line in Finders column view?

Or metal applications being dragable by any bit of metal frame but aqua ones not?

Or mail's icon bar?

Or Safari's buttons in comparison to iTunes gradient buttons?

Or that some apps allow clickthru when they are in the background but others not?

IMHO Apple needs a team to sit down and address this across the OS, starting with the Finder.