Outage

Comments

• Reply 21 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

So harsh. It's a holiday. Get some more sleep.

Don't you think that, if any of the mods knew what was up, we'd tell you? Even now that we're at the point of having the forums back up we're still in the dark as to the reason for this latest outage.

Sorry mate. Nothing personal. But us junkies who couldn't get our AI fix feared the worse. Apple Legal team wrangling comes to mind... and if AI just went away...I'd be forced to get a life.
  • Reply 22 of 55
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Apologies for the short outage. We have been experiencing an extraordinary amount of traffic recently due to upcoming Apple announcement and something seems to have fallen over (not the Cube that we were once hosted on ).

More info soon but we're not going anywhere.

J
  • Reply 23 of 55
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by staphbaby

For those who care, the thread referred to is here.

I for one don't see any predictions of AI's demise… in fact, it was remarkably good humoured for once.

The title of the thread is "Whither AI Forums?" and the final sentence in the first post is "Are the forums going to be killed?"

They sometimes take jabs at AI and I thought I'd hit 'em back. BTW, I'm a registered member at 'Nova too.
  • Reply 24 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

BTW, I'm a registered member at 'Nova too.

Traitor!
  • Reply 25 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Traitor!

I got caught up in all the hype during the revolution. Can you ever forgive me? PLEASE!!
  • Reply 26 of 55
    Quote:

The title of the thread is "Whither AI Forums?" and the final sentence in the first post is "Are the forums going to be killed?"

They sometimes take jabs at AI and I thought I'd hit 'em back. BTW, I'm a registered member at 'Nova too.

It didn't occur to you that the OP was actually genuinely concerned? Given the weird redirect and the length of time involved I think that was a pretty natural reaction. Besides which, the sentiment (such as it was) wasn't continued for the rest of the thread.

You need to take a deep breath and calm down.
  • Reply 27 of 55
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    just some good natured kidding.

relax.

(i think the way the pop ups work here is through java scripting. I'd guess turning that off might get rid of the last tenascious popups.)

or browse with Firefox and NoScript.
  • Reply 28 of 55
    Quote:

(i think the way the pop ups work here is through java scripting. I'd guess turning that off might get rid of the last tenascious popups.)

or browse with Firefox and NoScript. [/B]

The PithHelmet Site Preferences would be a pretty good option, I would think. Ditto the Site Preferences in OW.
  • Reply 29 of 55
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Quote:

I happen to be over at 'Nova where they were predicting the demise of the AppleInsider forums.

I thought we were pretty well behaved.

• Reply 30 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

just some good natured kidding.

relax.

or browse with Firefox and NoScript.

alcimedes, how's 'nova's folding team doing?
  • Reply 31 of 55
    nevermind.
  • Reply 32 of 55
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

alcimedes, how's 'nova's folding team doing?

Slot 134 and counting!!!
  • Reply 33 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

Slot 134 and counting!!!

Paul, what name are you folding under?

What's up with alcimedes? He's out-folding me on his old team/my current team (Team Mac OS X) plus what he's dong on 'Nova's team.
  • Reply 34 of 55
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    sadly all I have folding is my 1.8 iMac G5 so I'm currently at the 21 spot on the team.
  • Reply 35 of 55
    heh...AN needn't talk about blackouts. They have them, what, oh...every week or so? And for all the laughing AN'ers out there, need I remind you where you came the last time YOUR server was down.

You people bickering never seems to get old.
  • Reply 36 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

sadly all I have folding is my 1.8 iMac G5 so I'm currently at the 21 spot on the team.

That fact that you contribute is what's important.
  • Reply 37 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

heh...AN needn't talk about blackouts. They have them, what, oh...every week or so? And for all the laughing AN'ers out there, need I remind you where you came the last time YOUR server was down.

You people bickering never seems to get old.

The way I read the posts in the thread most of them were positive, and if any 'remarks' were made they were done tongue in cheek and were made by people who have a long history on the boards. Yes, the people of AN were happy that we were allowed a place at AI to reconnect so to speak and I thought it went a long in repairing the 'rift' that some people still harbour. Just as AN was happy to host a thread about AI so people could be informed.

The split is done, and a merge is very unlikely to happen. It is time to move on and accept the fact.

I am active at both forums, and have been the whole time. The forums are not mutually exclusive.
  • Reply 38 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by Omega

The way I read the posts in the thread most of them were positive, and if any 'remarks' were made they were done tongue in cheek and were made by people who have a long history on the boards. Yes, the people of AN were happy that we were allowed a place at AI to reconnect so to speak and I thought it went a long in repairing the 'rift' that some people still harbour. Just as AN was happy to host a thread about AI so people could be informed.

The split is done, and a merge is very unlikely to happen. It is time to move on and accept the fact.

I am active at both forums, and have been the whole time. The forums are not mutually exclusive.

and yet it seems that there are a whole bunch of "bash AI" threads at AN (a whole archived forum if I'm not mistaken), whereas "bash AN" threads are well, nonexistant or at least hidden here.
  • Reply 39 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

and yet it seems that there are a whole bunch of "bash AI" threads at AN (a whole archived forum if I'm not mistaken), whereas "bash AN" threads are well, nonexistant or at least hidden here.

The majority of those posts are well in the past. Where it should be.

• Reply 40 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by Omega

The majority of those posts are well in the past. Where it should be.

Actually, I misread your previous post, my mistake.

Yes: people should just get over it.

On the other hand, the constant jabs at AI in AN just get on my nerves sometimes, and I think you'll find (my opinion) that there's a lack of such jabs here.