Which DV camcorder do you own?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    thegelding, why dont you just make your slideshow in iMovie and export that to quicktime, then you can have a rolling slideshow with music.
  • Reply 42 of 51
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Imagine my surprise when I burned a DVD-RW in iDVD 2 and it actually worked in my POS Sharp DV-600U I bought at Costco!

Wow. I thought compatibility would be much worse.
  • Reply 43 of 51
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>.two, my wife thinks everyone on the internet is a deranged killer and would gut me like a fish if i put movies of my kids up on the net......

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

gelding...at first I thought you meant that a deranged killer might gut you like a fish, but I see you're apparently talking about your wife doing the gutting. That's enough incentive not to post movies of your kids.

My son used his new Canon ZR20 to make some movies around our house last week and edited it and burned it to DVD on my wife's new iMac. The ease of doing that with newly acquired computer and camera and unfamiliar software is a testament to Apple's ability to make things like that possible for "regular" people.
  • Reply 44 of 51
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by Barvow:

<strong>

gelding...at first I thought you meant that a deranged killer might gut you like a fish, but I see you're apparently talking about your wife doing the gutting. That's enough incentive not to post movies of your kids.

My son used his new Canon ZR20 to make some movies around our house last week and edited it and burned it to DVD on my wife's new iMac. The ease of doing that with newly acquired computer and camera and unfamiliar software is a testament to Apple's ability to make things like that possible for "regular" people.</strong><hr></blockquote>

i thought the same, ehehe
  • Reply 45 of 51
    Its those damn dangling modifiers! I learned that in English this year.

Ex.

The Governor went to the zoo where and saw a lion, he eats 500 LBS of raw meat a day.

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</p>
  • Reply 46 of 51
    and "she" would gut me like a fish....and with a dull, rusty spoon while pouring rubbing alcohol on the widening wound...g
  • Reply 47 of 51
    macintosh sez:

[quote] thegelding, why dont you just make your slideshow in iMovie and export that to quicktime, then you can have a rolling slideshow with music. <hr></blockquote>

yeah i did that: <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/gavinmcc/iMovieTheater8.html"; target="_blank">slide show</a>

a 3mb file---so don't download if your on a phone line

but there should be a way to download a slide show straight from iPhoto...if you can watch it in iPhoto, why can't you just download it to your mac homepage like you can a photo album?? g

anyways...i really need a cable line out here...downloading a slide show takes forever...can't image what it would be like to download a true iMovie file.....g
  • Reply 48 of 51
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I got the Sony TRV-330. Nice little camera for DV video. The still picture feature is a bit disappointing though.
  • Reply 49 of 51
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    When does the gutting commence?
  • Reply 50 of 51
    nice slideshow thegelding! I can easily download that kind of file...I have the kind of speed that people would pay $600-$1000 a month for...only I pay $40...I love Maya for Mac OS X.
  • Reply 51 of 51
    [quote]When does the gutting commence? <hr></blockquote>

soon....actually i am fairly safe as my lovely wife is not interested in computers and the internet...the slideshow is really for family back east to see...if a few people from AI visit too, well i think i can slide by without much physical harm...if any real gutting commences i will try to get it on video and make an iMovie for you all to see.... g