How beta is 'Just For You' feature?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So during the presentation yesterday, Jobs said that the just for you recommendation feature is in beta right now. But on the Apple website, it is presented as a regular feature. I mention this because I don't seem to get a "just for you" section in the iTunes music store.

Is there a preference you have to choose somewhere to have it active? I have looked for it but haven't found it. This feature is something that I have been waiting for and I am a little bummed that I can seem to activate it.

Any help? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    You propably have to have logged in with an account that you have made a purchase with, so it can give you a recommendation based on your previous purchases
  • Reply 2 of 12
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    yeah, I thought about that, but I am using the same old account I have had since I first downloaded iTunes. I checked my account info and found out that I have bought 562 songs... I would hope thats enough for iTunes to analyze and suggest more.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Yeah, it should be enough So that probably also some how answers to your question. It's so beta that it doesn't even apear in iTunes yet
  • Reply 4 of 12
    That's not actually true, I have it in iTunes. I've purchased a couple hundred songs and it shows up right on the front page. I'm assuming that you also have iTunes 6 installed.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by eekles77

That's not actually true, I have it in iTunes. I've purchased a couple hundred songs and it shows up right on the front page. I'm assuming that you also have iTunes 6 installed.

Yes. I installed iTunes 6 via the software updater in OS 10.4.2. It just showed up when you upgraded?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Yeah, it was right there on the front page.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    crapola... I wonder if Apple is testing the beta on only select installations. Damn! I really wanted that feature!
  • Reply 8 of 12
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    There for me too.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I've only bought 11 songs, and it shows up here in the UK
  • Reply 10 of 12
    i kinda like it but i dont know how in the heck they recommend glen campbell because i purchased 2 shania twain songs?? i am NOT a country music fan. (i just liked those two songs of hers which are more pop than country) however some of the pairings are good and i will be buying more songs and albums due to "just for you"
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Well, I don't know what the hell I am doing wrong. "Just for you" does not show up in my music store... sigh... stupid beta features. I hope that Apple doesn't go Google and keep this thing "beta" even after it becomes fully featured.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    It shows up for me, and actually suggested a few songs that I ended up buying.

There is a link at the very bottom of the iTMS that says "Don't Show Just For You" section. For those not seeing it, I'd recommend looking for a link that enables it.

The only other reason I can think that it wouldn't show up for everybody is if there is a threshold number of purchases required. I've bought more than 800 songs on iTMS, so it's got a good database to work from.