TV shows not available singly?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
This morning I loaded the new iTunes 6 on my iBook, and looked at the tv shows offered. I saw that Lost Season 1 was available as single episodes, but I didn't download any episodes because my iBook doesn't have the horsepower to display them.

So this afternoon I get home, put iTunes 6 on my G5 iMac, and go to the show download page to find that the shows are no longer available as singles. Whole season only for about $35.

Anybody know what's going on with this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I noticed the same thing. When I tried to add Season 1 to my cart, it worked, but now when I click on my Shopping Cart, I get an error message (5002) and can't see my cart.

Off to bug report...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    $35, geez for $4 more you can just get the dvd set and have all the extras.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I can see them all individually. If you see the graphic for the whole season, make sure you click on it to get the whole list where you can download them individually.

BTW, you said your iBook won't display them - what are the requirements for viewing them?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I can see them all individually. If you see the graphic for the whole season, make sure you click on it to get the whole list where you can download them individually.

Now it's working, and I can see my Shopping Cart again. Weird...maybe something like how yesterday it took a while for all the Music Store pages to update a couple hours after the keynote.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Endymion

$35, geez for $4 more you can just get the dvd set and have all the extras.

Thanks for pointing that out ! Just ordered from Amazon
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Yeah, I agree about getting the DVD set also. But then you can't watch them whenever you want, wherever you are...
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by faxmachine11658

Yeah, I agree about getting the DVD set also. But then you can't watch them whenever you want, wherever you are...

...unless you rip the movies, encode in H.264, and for convenience and better performance, downsample to 320x240
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by faxmachine11658

Sure you can: http://diveintomark.org/howto/ipod-dvd-ripping-guide/
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

BTW, you said your iBook won't display them - what are the requirements for viewing them?

Yes, they do show up now - before when you clicked on the whole season icon, the list said there were zero episodes, and if you clicked to buy the whole season instead, the shopping cart wouldn't pick anything up.

I really just wanted to see the pilot episode - never saw it so I wanted to buy it.

My iBook is an oollllddd 600 mhz g3, the video requirements for QT7.0.3 or whatever it was say g4. I do know that movie previews and things like that stutter badly on my iBook. 8 mb VRAM doesn't go far...