Apple updates QuickTime to version 7.0.3

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple on Wednesday evening released QuickTime 7.0.3, which delivers several important bug fixes, primarily in the areas of streaming and H.264 video. With the release, QuickTime 7 Pro users also gain the ability to create video and audio files that can be played back on compatible iPods.Â*"This update is highly recommended for all QuickTime 7 users," Apple said.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    To clarify a common misunderstanding:

if you have a QT7 pro key, it WILL still work. (QT6 and older keys will not.)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Apparently this is not available on software update. I have QT 7.02 Pro . When I run update. It says "nothing available". Same thing for itunes. Wonder Why ? I have the latest 15" PB SD 2gb/120gb, 10.4.2 ! Everything is up to date and working fine? Anyone know whats up?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bobo28

Apparently this is not available on software update. I have QT 7.02 Pro . When I run update. It says "nothing available". Same thing for itunes. Wonder Why ? I have the latest 15" PB SD 2gb/120gb, 10.4.2 ! Everything is up to date and working fine? Anyone know whats up?

You should not have given up so quickly. When I ran Software Update later in the day yesterday, iTunes 6 and QuickTime 7.0.3 were available.