Here are the new powerbooks (they will be here next week)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    Oh please be true!
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Ach! just after I get excited, I notice a flaw! note the shadows from the screen on the black background. They are the same shadows that are currently on the PowerBook Graphic on Apples website. (http://www.apple.com/powerbook/

As well the lettering does not go over the shadow, but a black box is behind it.

Nice try though.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Yeah, i just caught that, the reflections don't match up...
  • Reply 4 of 23
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    That url is sooooo spoofed.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    Nice work webmail!
  • Reply 6 of 23
    octaneoctane Posts: 157member
    not to mention the image on the displays is resized and not centered (or corner justified--hope that makes sense), the latter of which is typical of Apple to show how much more image you can really see with the larger displays and of course at higher res, echo nice try tho
  • Reply 7 of 23
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    okay let me clear a few things up

1. i did not create this image

2. it comes from a source who sent me screenshots of itunes 6 over 10 days ago. Of course I thought he was full over it since itunes 5 just came out.

3. I asked him about the copy (text) because to me it doesn't polished, and the source claimed that this was a look at the page in progress and it was just being created starting this week

4. he claims in the next 10-20 days this is what will come out, based on the fact that the content group now has access to information for web creation.

that's all i know
  • Reply 8 of 23
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Fake! Click on the PowerBook. I like how it says "HD across the line" and then on the second page it says 15" and 17" only. That's a mighty fine "source" of yours! Must be the same one ThinkSecret has been using lately.

• Reply 9 of 23
    I do not see the X800 working. Sucks way too much power. As far as HD, very likely. Speeds up to 2.0GHz? Certainly possible. We'll see in the next few weeks.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    lol, what convinced you that it was fake again. Spell it out for me! The only reason I'm even listening to this source is because he called itunes 6, which of course I didn't report, since the idea that itunes six would be out right after 5 was pretty crazy.

Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

Fake! Click on the PowerBook. I like how it says "HD across the line" and then on the second page it says 15" and 17" only. That's a mighty fine "source" of yours! Must be the same one ThinkSecret has been using lately.

• Reply 11 of 23
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    It's a pretty good mockup, at least. You guys are way too picky about the shadows & stuff. With the iMac going to an X600, some video card change is possible. What I can't figure is how the X800 would be "optional". It would be a daughtercard of some kind?

2GHz would have to be a 7448. The top text says "up to 2GHz", and says that all of them have increased speeds. I sure hope so; that will leave room for the iBook to be bumped too.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    It's a spoofed url. Someone is trying to make it look like it's coming from apple.com, when it isn't. It's a fake. Probably a pretty good guess about what's coming, but a fake. And it's been going around the mac websites for several days, it's not a personal source to webmail.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    Quote:

I do not see the X800 working.

Hmm, check this out: http://www.overam.com/pages/en/custo...tom-laptop.htm
  • Reply 14 of 23
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

It's a spoofed url. Someone is trying to make it look like it's coming from apple.com, when it isn't. It's a fake. Probably a pretty good guess about what's coming, but a fake. And it's been going around the mac websites for several days, it's not a personal source to webmail.

Exactly why I called it fake. There are also problems with the pictures, type and of course the specs.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    Although it may be a fake, are you people retarded? Last time I checked, I can type anything I want into the address bar and take a screen shot. He wouldn't need to make it look messed up like that.

Either the person who made this image forgot how to use his keyboard or you kids are asleep and too excited about an iPod that can play video to think straight.

*waits for a smart comment so he can respond real quick like*
  • Reply 16 of 23
    :LOL:

The link to that laptop with the X800 graphics card wanted to make me cry. You are so funny.

Check the *SPECS* to see that thing is 2" thick, and 10lbs!!! Might as well by a new iMac and carrying case for it.

And check out the transformer! 180 watts of vacuum cleaner power. Might as well forget to repair the heater this winter, 'cause this lap warmer will warm the whole house.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    I just wonder what the "Pron" folder holds in his menu bar.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bulky Cranium

I just wonder what the "Pron" folder holds in his menu bar.

important government documents
  • Reply 19 of 23
    Quote:

'cause this lap warmer will warm the whole house.

The Overam is a legitimate high-end PC desktop replacement. The Powerbook (arguably, in its present form...)is not. Do you think that kind of power will be available in the Powerbook's present "slimline" form factor, beautiful as it may be?

That kind of mobile power comes with some compromises. When the Powerbook finally catches up with the Overam's specs, it will probably be just as big, heavy and run just as hot during high-load applications use.

I own Overam's previous generation top of the line laptop. No, it's not very comfortable or convienient to use on the train or bus. So what? It has gobs of POWER. I can do my computing anywhere in the house or on the property. It came with a graphics card that wasn't even available as an option for the G5 towers at the time.

10lbs. is too much weight for ya. Go get a little more excercise...
  • Reply 20 of 23
    http://www.ati.com/products/mobility...800/index.html

As for the 2 GHz G4 -- Moto (errr, Freescale) has been trying to get to 90nm for years now, perhaps they finally made it. Frankly I think the X800 is more likely, but I wouldn't dismiss the G4 out of hand. A 10x multiplier on the 200 MHz bus with a new 7448 might just do the trick...

http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit...PC7448FACT.pdf

Note the 1 MB L2 cache.