All new Pro Keyboard and Mouse at MacWorld SF'02.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple will unveil an all new Pro Keyboard and Pro Mouse at the upcoming MacWorld. Supposedly these new peripherals will have new colors that match the new enclosures of the entire product line, a sleek milky white color. The new Pro Mouse will shed the "side semi circle cut out" that it currently has. The Pro Keyboard will be slightly updated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 59
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Unless all you are doing is making it 'wireless', neither the keyboard, nor mouse will be updated.
  • Reply 2 of 59
    Will the keyboard get a power key? That's the only thing I don't like about it.
  • Reply 2 of 59
    Unfortunately the "milky white color" would not go well AT ALL with the PM and Ti Book.
  • Reply 4 of 59
    [quote]Originally posted by Mastergateing:

<strong>The new Pro Mouse will shed the "side semi circle cut out" that it currently has.</strong><hr></blockquote>

How does one pick it up while clicking, then?
  • Reply 5 of 59
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by Horned_Frog:

<strong>Unfortunately the "milky white color" would not go well AT ALL with the PM and Ti Book.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The current PM no, a revised PM yes I suppose.

But I don't think they are white, I remember reading the same article, they have a white-ish metal look or something.
  • Reply 6 of 59
    msleemslee Posts: 143member
    Don't you find this...

[quote]new enclosures of the entire product line<hr></blockquote>

more interesting?
  • Reply 7 of 59
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I don't know, but wouldn't they come up with a better color scheme than what might otherwise be described as "semen-like"?? Milky White? I'll take graphite, thanks. Or even a clear plastic with maybe a black tint to it.
  • Reply 8 of 59
    You will all be saying how great the products look when the 7th rolls around. Apple industrial design is simply amazing.
  • Reply 9 of 59
    What about the power key and clicking while picking?
  • Reply 10 of 59
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I doubt it if it's "Milky White"

Graphite and Silver are neutral colors..they don't clash with many Interiors...Any flavor of white/off white is going to clash with many peoples home decor. I'm afraid they did the right thing by moving to Silver/Graphite as many Stereo components now come in silver but white aint it for computers.
  • Reply 11 of 59
    The Titanium Powerbook G4 will have it's color slightly twinged to resemble a whiter look. apple will quietly lessen the ammount of Titanium used in the shell because of Airport range conflicts.
  • Reply 12 of 59
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>Will the keyboard get a power key? That's the only thing I don't like about it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

What in the world do you need a power key for?

Who shuts their computer down anymore?

I didn't even realize that there *wasn't* a powerkey on the keyboard.

Also.. after some investigating, it would seem that you can Control-click on the "Eject" key to shut down... maybe that turns it on, also?
  • Reply 13 of 59
    synsyn Posts: 329member
    that's interesting...

is it still a one-button mouse? the titanium casing interferes with the current Airport or some new generation? Would you happen to know something about iWalk?
  • Reply 14 of 59
    There is no way to turn it on on the keyboard.
  • Reply 15 of 59
    [quote]Originally posted by SYN:

<strong>the titanium casing interferes with the current Airport or some new generation?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It interferes very badly with the current AirPort. A friend of mine has a PBG4 and I have an iBook. We did a test. I can get three times further than he can.

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: MacAgent ]</p>
  • Reply 16 of 59
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    As far as I know, there are no Airport conflicts. I use a PM G4 500 at school, and the range is the same as I get (thereabouts) as I do with a Powerbook G3 400, and an iBook 466. I do not think apple will make the case whiter, it looks beautiful already and IMO, making the case whiter would detract from this.

And as for the mouse, if you aren't one of those people who move their arms very little and pick up the mouse constantly, you should have no problems with the simicircles being gone. Removing them will make the mouse look much more elegant.

Also, I think the color will be similar to the color of the side of the QS El Captian case.
  • Reply 16 of 59
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>

It interferes very badly with the current AirPort. A friend of mine has a PBG4 and I have an iBook. We did a test. I can get three times further than he can.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I also get much better signal performance on my iBook than my boss does on his TiBook.
  • Reply 18 of 59
    This is just too much people. They are not going to update everything at MWSF. By the way, the shell of the TiBook is the one thing that is not made of Titanium. The panels are .4mm sheets of CP1 Titanium which is cheap. If they made them thinner it would flex too much and if they mix in Aluminum it will increase the price. I don't doubt the "click" and "clack" keyboard and mouse are on the way but I don't buy into the entire line going "milky-white" love juice seeing as how that coresponds to his screename just a little too closely.

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: apple.otaku ]</p>
  • Reply 19 of 59
    No this is not BS people. Airport has range problems with the Powerbook G4.
  • Reply 20 of 59
    synsyn Posts: 329member
    why don't you come over in the chat and tell us all you know? Even if you're under NDA, nothing can trace you back in there. I'll be waiting for you there (the AI chat)