"See you soon"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Some site mentioned that Jobs said that at the end of the Nano presentation and said it was a hint towards yesterdays presentation.

Well guess what, he said it again yesterday. We all know what needs updates (PBs and PMs) so its not a thread about that. Instead I am asking if he usually does that at the end of his presentations and do you think it means anything?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Mickey Mouse Club said that at the end of each of their shows. Now Apple has video deals with Disney. Maybe....iTVS will have old Mickey Mouse Club episodes on it!

Ahem.

I imagine they will have an update of sorts for the PB and PM before MWSF. Whether that will be a media event or not remains to be seen. He could have just meant it referring to MWSF, though.

I guess I'm 50/50 on another media event.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    He loves inside jokes. He's just sick that way. I wouldn't put anything past Steve.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    'soon' will keep the press paying attention.

If SJ had said "see you in x months", or "see you in Nov", the tech press would start to look elsewhere until then.

This keeps them on their toes, never knowing when Apple will slip another update in.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Rumours are still abound about PowerBook and PowerMac updates in the next few weeks...
  • Reply 5 of 23
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Engadget reported it in their live coverage of the Nano event. They didn't make anything out of it. I, however, thought it was a hint and posted it in several forums. I thought no one listened. If he said it again, then I translate that as "set top box with movie store before Christmas".
  • Reply 6 of 23
    So I guess we know what "See you soon" means now:

Another press event one week later.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Some site mentioned that Jobs said that at the end of the Nano presentation and said it was a hint towards yesterdays presentation.

Well guess what, he said it again yesterday. We all know what needs updates (PBs and PMs) so its not a thread about that. Instead I am asking if he usually does that at the end of his presentations and do you think it means anything?

Good eye, or ear...You know what I mean!

• Reply 8 of 23
    He always says that at the end of events now. It just means that Apple always has cool stuff in the pipeline. More than that it is just a nice parting phrase.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    kmok1kmok1 Posts: 63member
    Waiting time for 15", 17" Powerbook & Powermacs are up to "3 to 5" days now. Could it be...

• Reply 10 of 23
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    A special event for dual core macs and nothing new HD powerbooks? Hmm, must be more. Maybe a photo app for the pro computers similar to the iMac?
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Apple considers Powerbooks as "Pro" machines. I expect we'll see updates to them, PMs, and maybe a fancy "Pro" photo app for good measure -- you know, since it's on the eve of a photo convention.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

If he said it again, then I translate that as "set top box with movie store before Christmas".

If they did this, they could just start printing money.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    Check out the Oct 19th press release thread.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kenaustus

Check out the Oct 19th press release thread.

Trying to redirect my sunshine eh eh?
  • Reply 15 of 23
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Anders, you da man! You made a believer outta me!
  • Reply 16 of 23
    (murk sulks in the corner while Anders steals all the glory.) Dammit it was me who tried to get everyone to believe "See you soon" for a friggin month.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    murk you da man too!
  • Reply 18 of 23
  • Reply 19 of 23
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    I predict that at the end of the October 19th event, Steve will say, "later, bitches!".
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cory Bauer

I predict that at the end of the October 19th event, Steve will say, "later, bitches!".

Anders I read your post shortly after the event and I said to myself he is full of s***.. Jobs never said that...I rescind that thought...sorry.

Is it just me or am I the only one who noticed that Sir Steve was not wearing jeans at the last event. Not sure but I think that he had on some form of sansabelt pants.