Just got my K750i and lovin´ it

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So I just gave my father my "old" K700i and bought myself the lovely K750i. The camera is MUCH better (2 Mpixels) and it uses memory cards. But the next best thing about it is the design. I love the simplicity it has taken from the T630. The K700 design was a dead end. Everything else is mere evolutions over the K700.

So better telephone all over in a better package and with a killer (at least for a telephone) camera.

But here is the best part. Brace yourself. Because when the 3.0 version of Salling Clicker comes the usefulness of this telephone is going to quadruple. Can´t go into details. But GODDAMMIT you are going to LOOOOOOOOVE this.

Buy the phone, and bookmark www.salling.com and check it more often than you pee.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    One thing bugs me about my K750i: how do you get Mpeg4 video onto it?
  • Reply 2 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

So I just gave my father my "old" K700i and bought myself the lovely K750i. The camera is MUCH better (2 Mpixels) and it uses memory cards. But the next best thing about it is the design. I love the simplicity it has taken from the T630. The K700 design was a dead end. Everything else is mere evolutions over the K700.

So better telephone all over in a better package and with a killer (at least for a telephone) camera.

But here is the best part. Brace yourself. Because when the 3.0 version of Salling Clicker comes the usefulness of this telephone is going to quadruple. Can´t go into details. But GODDAMMIT you are going to LOOOOOOOOVE this.

Buy the phone, and bookmark www.salling.com and check it more often than you pee.

I just got a K750i last week, and was really bummed that Salling didn't work - I only bought it about 2 weeks ago to use with my T630, and assumed it would work with the K750i. I hope the new version is free. Love my K750i too, but would prefer if the design on the back was a bit simpler and a bit smoother. Ideally I wouldn't have a camera at all, but if I have to have one, then I wish they could make it look cleaner at the back. \
  • Reply 3 of 20
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

I just got a K750i last week, and was really bummed that Salling didn't work - I only bought it about 2 weeks ago to use with my T630, and assumed it would work with the K750i. I hope the new version is free.

According to his front page it will be a free upgrade. You are gonna love it and the wait is over very soon.

Quote:

Love my K750i too, but would prefer if the design on the back was a bit simpler and a bit smoother. Ideally I wouldn't have a camera at all, but if I have to have one, then I wish they could make it look cleaner at the back. \

I agree. If I could have had mine without the camera I would have gone with that. A 2 megapixel camera is the second best

At least you didn´t have to live with the UGLY K700i. Thats really got a beating with he ugly stick.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

According to his front page it will be a free upgrade. You are gonna love it and the wait is over very soon.

I agree. If I could have had mine without the camera I would have gone with that. A 2 megapixel camera is the second best

At least you didn´t have to live with the UGLY K700i. Thats really got a beating with he ugly stick.

Excellent, I look forward to the update. Ye, I preferred my T630 over the K700i - was a nice bit of kit. I really wanted a Nokia 8800, but it was a bit out of my price league!
  • Reply 5 of 20
    Okay, I've got my K750i and it's looking mean and black, I've downloaded the new version of Salling and dug out my serial code from version 1 which I bought to do a Keynote presentation a while back. I mucked around with iTunes for a bit.

Yes, it's nifty. But from Anders' build up I was expecting nifty x infinity. Am I missing something?
  • Reply 6 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

Okay, I've got my K750i and it's looking mean and black, I've downloaded the new version of Salling and dug out my serial code from version 1 which I bought to do a Keynote presentation a while back. I mucked around with iTunes for a bit.

Yes, it's nifty. But from Anders' build up I was expecting nifty x infinity. Am I missing something?

Ye, it is good, but for me, more of a toy. BluePhoneElite is a genuinely useful bluetooth accessory for me - much quicker to type texts on my computer! Pity the interface in the latter is a little drab for my taste. I'll buy it next week anyway.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    Can't you send texts via AddressBook?
  • Reply 8 of 20
    Quote:

Can't you send texts via AddressBook?

Never noticed that before. Can't get it to work just now though with my K750i. Has anyone had any joy with that?
  • Reply 9 of 20
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    I just noticed the K700i has dropped below 200e, which is pretty much my pain threshold for cellphones. Compared to my T68i, there's a camera, FM radio, and at least a couple MP3's can be fitted in the phone.

I understand the K700i UI is bad and lags like my T68i. If I understood you guys correctly, the UI on T630 or K750 is better. In what way? How does transfer of files to and from Mac work with the newer phones? I managed to backup my ringtones from the T68i, but I could not backup call recordings, which totally sucks.

Last thing, about the call recording feature. Can you set it to automatically record all calls on the K700i, T630, K750 just like IRC/IM software log everything? I would really like that, and although the T68 has recording, it can't be switched permanently on.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    Question:

Front Row + Bluetooth Phone + Salling Clicker = no need for Apple's IR remote?
  • Reply 11 of 20
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Question:

Front Row + Bluetooth Phone + Salling Clicker = no need for Apple's IR remote?

Yeah. I thought the same when I saw the webcast.

Perhaps Salling could write an app that could do the same as front row. Or team up with someone who could.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Looks like they already have:

http://centerstageproject.com/

Which looks a little bit busy from the screenshots, but maybe they could take a bit more 'inspiration' from Apple now that Front Row is out.

And it's not just Salling Clicker:

http://centerstageproject.com/remote.php
  • Reply 13 of 20
    sony ericsson phones rock my world. my t630 is just, *sigh* delightful even in this day and age. i laugh at all the people with motocrappys (except for the razr)
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Quote:

Never noticed that before. Can't get it to work just now though with my K750i. Has anyone had any joy with that?

Bump bump, and managed this with a K750i? Address book connects to my phone (the button goes blue, and my phone shows the bluetooth logo) but if I try to dial using the popup menu, or send a text, nothing happens. Any ideas? \
  • Reply 15 of 20
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Hi,

I just got the old SE K750 of my small brother, he desperately needed a new phone.

I encountered a problem with Salling Clicker. I need to turn the Apple BT keyboard and Apple BT mouse of, or Salling can't establish a connection. Once connected I can turn the Keyboard and mouse back on.

Do you have the same problem?
  • Reply 16 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by bka77

Hi,

I just got the old SE K750 of my small brother, he desperately needed a new phone.

I encountered a problem with Salling Clicker. I need to turn the Apple BT keyboard and Apple BT mouse of, or Salling can't establish a connection. Once connected I can turn the Keyboard and mouse back on.

Do you have the same problem?

I've found that with Salling it does not connect unless you are close, but it is fine after that. I have never needed to disconnect keyboard and mouse though. There are known issues with Salling and the K750i which are being addressed according to their site.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    I've just got a K750i, and it's a great phone. One question though... I used iSync to get my address book contacts and iCal entries moved to the phone. Some of the address book contacts have birthday entries, and they are subsequently shown in iCal using the "Show birthdays calendar" prefs option, and although the iCal entries have been copied over, the contacts on the phone don't have the birthday entered against them. Has anyone else noticed this, and is there a solution?

Thanks,

Dave.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by digitaldave

I've just got a K750i, and it's a great phone. One question though... I used iSync to get my address book contacts and iCal entries moved to the phone. Some of the address book contacts have birthday entries, and they are subsequently shown in iCal using the "Show birthdays calendar" prefs option, and although the iCal entries have been copied over, the contacts on the phone don't have the birthday entered against them. Has anyone else noticed this, and is there a solution?

Thanks,

Dave.

As far as I know, they just show up in the calendar, not beside the contact details.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Quote:

As far as I know, they just show up in the calendar, not beside the contact details.

Oh well, not to worry. I ended up resyncing everything, but didn't include the birthdays calendar, then entered the birthdays against the contacts. I wonder what will happen next time I sync? .
  • Reply 20 of 20
    Looking into getting this phone- I have T-Mobile as my service- where can I get this from? I'd be willing to switch carriers if it meant discounts.

Or should I be looking at the newer k800?

Thanks

-taco