First look at Apple's new iPod nano (images)

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Enjoy your THREE iPods!
  • Reply 42 of 49
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

Nope. There's no way to fit a Microdrive in that case and still have a full-length circuit board like that. The Microdrive form factor is 75% of the thickness of the nano as it is, then there's the shell to consider, even with SMT components, it's not going to work. Also, the Microdrive is wider than the nano is, so it would have to be connected sideways to fit, and that doesn't leave much room for a header connector.

Ok, we've beaten this issue to a pulp. FNG has already surrendered. Let the poor guy rest.
  • Reply 43 of 49
    fngfng Posts: 222member
    Just to make it 100% clear

I was looking that this nano take apart blog and saw this picture

http://61.194.6.236/ipn/ipn03.jpg

I thought is was all nano guts. Even though I can't read Japanese if I had just bother to read the caption I would have seen "mini" in it and realized that it was a mini and a nano apart side by side. But I didn't do that. I thought I was looking at a micordrive from a nano. I had to correct myself in like 6 different threads.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Me too.

You can see how scratched up my shuffle is (like my iBook too).

That's why I got a white 4Gig nano because I'm sure the black, as cool as it is, will show scratches much more than the white.

Love the new iPod though - just scared of scratching it!

Using an iPod sock to protect it until the nano tubes come out or I can find a better solution.

ooooh, nice Pods

But yeah, I'm worried about how scratched up the black nano would look as well, and that's the version I'm interested in.

(can any U2 iPod owners speak about it's black case's scratch proneness?)

I think I'll wait until there are some viable case options available for the nano, or at least those nano tubes are readily accessible.
  • Reply 45 of 49
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Ok, we've beaten this issue to a pulp. FNG has already surrendered. Let the poor guy rest.

Sorry, I didn't see the other threads.
  • Reply 46 of 49
    The Nano has Flash Memory the functions like a drive.

Get it? Got it? Good!
  • Reply 47 of 49
    What is the big box in the middle of the smaller boxes? It's like twice the size of the others? Any difference?
  • Reply 48 of 49
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by skythefly13

What is the big box in the middle of the smaller boxes? It's like twice the size of the others? Any difference?

It's the flea driven battery recharger.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

It's the flea driven battery recharger.

I'll have to buy me one of those, sounds like a real investment.