Received new iPod w/ Video

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    I have to say I am very impressed. This is my first iPod, a 30gb black video iPod, and I love it.

I'm an audiophile and rip all my music at full available resolution (yes, I'm a big SACD fan) and with Grado SR80 headphones I can tell this device has decent chips in it (something recent from Wolfson I believe).

The video and photo quality is also superb. I almost got the Nano but I really need the space of the larger models.

Another winner from Cupertino.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    «please pretend this double post is deleted and take this opportunity to give your eyes a computer break!»
  • Reply 23 of 33
    And is the screen covered by soft plastic casing like the Nano? Or an inset harder screen like the older models?

Sorry! this post appears to have not only doubled on it's own, but is not letting me delete the extra one.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    It's covered by hard plastic. Seems very durable - definitely more so than the nano.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by notaclone

Sorry! this post appears to have not only doubled on it's own, but is not letting me delete the extra one.

The double post occurs when you hit your back button after posting. The software resubmits the post and creates an additional, identical one.

Simply edit your second post to say "Double post," or "Move along...nothing to see here," etc.

We don't have permission to delete posts.

To alleviate a double post in the future, click to the correct forum using the dropdown menu after your post has loaded.

• Reply 26 of 33
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bperkins

Had a chance to run by the house. Here ya go...

http://bradperkins.typepad.com/photos/isight/

bperkins, you have DMB at Red Rocks 2005...I am jealous. The fact that you have both of the latest iPods only makes matters worse.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    His nano doesn't appear to be scratched. Huh.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Cory I was lucky enough to have been there for 3 of the 4 nights. I have been to many of their shows (mostly Carolina shows) and that weekend was truly amazing. My first trip out to Colorado....beautiful place.

CosmoNut I am a little anal with my Apple products . I am no expert when it comes to the plastics on the vPod and the Nano, but I would think they are the same. I have been using the vPod a little more and it appears to scratch very easily just like the Nano. I so wanted to buy the black model for a nice fresh change, but a buddy of mine had one and his was terrible looking after a few weeks. And he was as careful as I am. The white hides them much better than the black model. If you hold the white one at an certain angle you can see the scratches.

I know the iPod is an icon and all for its white front and gorgeous mirror back, but I would give anything if they would develop a more ruggedized model. My former mini was the best. Never had to worry about it, hell I could rub off the scratches with a wet thumb. That was one iPod I never thought twice about buying a case for.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bperkins

My former mini was the best. Never had to worry about it, hell I could rub off the scratches with a wet thumb. That was one iPod I never thought twice about buying a case for.

I agree. My mini seems far more rugged than my nano. I've treated it gingerly yet it has scratches and I've only used it for a few weeks. If it cost as much as the full size iPod I'd get concerned. That said, the nano truly rocks and wouldn't switch back to my mini, even though its case seems more durable.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

The double post occurs when you hit your back button after posting. The software resubmits the post and creates an additional, identical one.

Thanks. Interestingly enough, the double post did NOT increase my post count! Clever little server. If only Quicken was that smart.

And now, back to obsessing over new toys...Maybe I should just buy both, and save myself the hours of vacillation a purchase decision requires.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Knowing about the problems with scratches, I simply left the plastic film on the front of the unit. That works just fine.

I finally broke down and bought a TV show from the iTMS. WOW! I was blown away by the quality of the video. I was also surprised at how easily I took to watching TV on the go. Bring on Star Trek! Bring on The Simpsons! Bring on the NFL! iTunes finally offers something that I don't mind paying for.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    The vidiPod could very well finish what TiVo started, a true revolution of television. People are just too busy to sit at home in front of a television. They want to watch what they want to watch, when they want to watch it, on the device that they want to watch it on. For some reason TV and movie producers do not understand this and they've been fighting the consumer rather than helping.

It has been predicted that the vidiPod will be what revolutionizes TV/DVD/etc to the point where the issue about content usage will finally get resolved once and for all.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    If I had an iPod Video most of the content would be self encoded. That and video podcasts, well at least when they really take off. I'd totally love to watch BBC or the local KRON 4 news while riding BART every morning.