DRM Videos on other devices

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Aside from whether or not Steve is willing to allow this...

Hardware/Software-wise...

Does anyone think it is feasible that if Palm could work a deal with Apple to allow viewing the protected videos on a video-capable PDA like the TX,

that it would be a backwards-compatible software only update to existing PDAs?

Or is there a physical chip or ROM involved?

BUt having had to watch a teensy-tiny version of Lost (as a result of a Tivo mishap), I may continue to work on getting Tivo shows onto my laptop and just get a Nano. In all fairness, I have over-40 eyes, so those not relegated to bifocal land may enjoy the video ipod more than I.

Oh of course I suppose some morally ambiguous soul will eventually provide a hack and make this question moot. But I feel guilty swiping packs of sugar!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by notaclone

In all fairness, I have over-40 eyes...

I am sorry but I misread this and laughed out loud at the office.

I believe that it is software thing not a hardware. So if Apple wanted to they could let any other player liscence the DRM software for eaither video or their audio.

Macaddict16
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macaddict16

I am sorry but I misread this and laughed out loud at the office. Macaddict16

Do you have something against house flies owning an iPod?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    No. But I am happy that it is posting from New York City and not somewhere near here

I think its time to plug some of the leaks in your nuclear and chemical plants...