BT Mightymouse please ..

>_>>_>
Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Seriously.. I've had this idea for over a year now.

Since the first BT mouse was released and i went through a 6 pack of AAs in a week. -_-

It's quite simple. Your mouse gets low? You plug the firewire cable into the front of the mouse, and into the computer. You then continue using it as you would a wired mouse, as it charges.

Quite simple.

It doesn't take a frickin genius.. come on Apple... -_-

- Xidius

[Edit: Fixed image link (Anders)]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    The autonomy of the wireless keyboard is good, but the one of the mouse sucks.

it sucks so much, that I use an old mouse with my Imac G5 instead of the bluetooth one. I was fed up, to change this damned expansive lithium battery every two months.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Can´t it be recharged by a magnetic field? Now people wants to put toy cameras into the cinema displays Apple could also add a wireless energy transfer system.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

The autonomy of the wireless keyboard is good, but the one of the mouse sucks.

it sucks so much, that I use an old mouse with my Imac G5 instead of the bluetooth one. I was fed up, to change this damned expansive lithium battery every two months.

Ever heard about rechargeable batteries? You can get them for about $1 a pop and recharge up to 1000 times. Just wondering.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Can´t it be recharged by a magnetic field?

Magnetic field I doubt, but RDF I am sure that will do the trick .
  • Reply 5 of 23
    keotkeot Posts: 116member
    Never tried a bluetooth (v1) mouse myself, but apparently they're not as responsive as a custom RF one. Perhaps bluetooth 2.0 support would change this?

Hurry up apple. My student loan doesn't last that long!
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robin Hood

Ever heard about rechargeable batteries? You can get them for about $1 a pop and recharge up to 1000 times. Just wondering.

You are right, but they will last way less than the lithium ones. Frankly are you happy with the autonomy of the wireless Apple mouse ? Do you find easy to change this damn batteries ?
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

You are right, but they will last way less than the lithium ones. Frankly are you happy with the autonomy of the wireless Apple mouse ? Do you find easy to change this damn batteries ?

Depends which ones you get. You can get rechargeable batteries that will last just as long. Just to give you an example... years ago the rechargeable batteries I got (AA) only had 500mah of power in them. Now it's almost 2000 for cheap ones, more for expensive ones. They're a lot better than you probably remember...
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robin Hood

Depends which ones you get. You can get rechargeable batteries that will last just as long. Just to give you an example... years ago the rechargeable batteries I got (AA) only had 500mah of power in them. Now it's almost 2000 for cheap ones, more for expensive ones. They're a lot better than you probably remember...

May be, I will give them a try
  • Reply 9 of 23
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I own an Apple BT mouse as well as a number of Logitech RF mice. Right now I'm using the logitech almost exclusively, although I prefer the feel of the Apple mice. Once the BT might mouse is out I'm pretty sure I'll switch to it.

I would like to borrow a wired might mouse to put it through its paces though. Using it at the apple store doesn't quite do it justice.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    bluetooth = latency = bad

Not something you'd ever expect from a company obsessed with detail. Once you go FastRF you'll, never go back to bluetooth.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Bluetooth for peripherals such as a mouse makes me want to cry...and vomit in disgust.

Latency problems + eats batteries for breakfast, lunch and diner = not good
  • Reply 12 of 23
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Bluetooth for peripherals such as a mouse makes me want to cry...and vomit in disgust.

Latency problems + eats batteries for breakfast, lunch and diner = not good

Wouldn't latency be better if they used 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)?

Wouldn't battery issues be better if they used to solution I suggested?

- Xidius
  • Reply 13 of 23
    The reason their isn't a bluetooth version, is because it's simple, bluetooth sucks, and the latency sucks for this, and Apple knows this.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    curmicurmi Posts: 70member
    If Bluetooth sucks for a computer mouse, and RF is the way to go for a wireless mouse, why did Apple go with IR on the iMac?

I mean, IR requires line of sight. So the remote requires line of sight.

My understanding is that RF is pretty cheap, so if Apple had used RF instead of IR, they could have created an RF remote that didn't require line of site, and then created a Mighty Mouse that works with the new RF, and used less power so saved on batteries...
  • Reply 15 of 23
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curmi

My understanding is that RF is pretty cheap, so if Apple had used RF instead of IR, they could have created an RF remote that didn't require line of site, and then created a Mighty Mouse that works with the new RF, and used less power so saved on batteries...

Right. And the only reason I don't like RF mice is because RF is not built into my laptop. Carrying a dongle around is a pain in the ass, and an eye sore to boot. Might as well just have a wired mouse if I'm gonna go through that trouble - But I'd rather not.

- Xidius
  • Reply 16 of 23
    jedhajedha Posts: 24member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Can´t it be recharged by a magnetic field? Now people wants to put toy cameras into the cinema displays Apple could also add a wireless energy transfer system.

with TESLA or HAARP?
  • Reply 17 of 23
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I have a wireless Logitech mouse now, but ordered the BT keyboard and mouse with my 2.3 G5. You guys make me nervous. Am I to expect tracking issues now with the BT mouse? I do graphics so I need my tracking to be accurate.

(Ah damn. THe BT mouse is the old single button, hahaha. Damn, I thought I was getting the new mighty mouse. Damn it!! haha, I feel dumb. )
  • Reply 18 of 23
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Return it fast or you'll get hit with a restocking fee.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    return that crappy bluetooth one (unless it's for a laptop, then bluetooth is convenient) and get the logitech mx1000. best mouse since the mouse was invented.

Quote:

Originally posted by KidRed

I have a wireless Logitech mouse now, but ordered the BT keyboard and mouse with my 2.3 G5. You guys make me nervous. Am I to expect tracking issues now with the BT mouse? I do graphics so I need my tracking to be

accurate.

(Ah damn. THe BT mouse is the old single button, hahaha. Damn, I thought I was getting the new mighty mouse. Damn it!! haha, I feel dumb. )

• Reply 20 of 23
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Well, I received everything yesterday so I can't return anything. As for the MX1000, it may be the best mouse ever made, but it wasn't made for me. I hate it and ALL mice that have indentions along the side. I need convex protruding curves so I can grip it and move it with my fingers.

I'll keep using my Logitech wireless for now I guess.