Comments

• Reply 21 of 62
    jedhajedha Posts: 24member
    OMG.. iWork is just as dead as PBG5
  • Reply 22 of 62
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Care to back that up?
  • Reply 23 of 62
    There are a lot of features I would like to see in Keynote but there is just one I hope Apple finally gets around to with the 10.4.3 release. STOP Keynote from crashing under Tiger (never does with Panther). And if you don't Apple, at least admit the problem and quit being a stupid jerk company about it. Never admitting to a problem does not make it go away.

And don't pipe up and say it never crashes for you, it just means you use Keynote like a wimp.
  • Reply 24 of 62
    Quote:

Originally posted by kaiwai

I doubt they'd worry about slimming down Filemaker; they'd probably bundle the standard edition, pump it full of wizards, templates and of course, clipart; then make it part of iWork - the fact is, most money for Filemaker is made off their server and developer products, not their standard edition.

I do not think the standard edition will be included with more wizards because it costs $299.00 for a full copy and $179.00 for an upgrade, but I can see them using the database engine and creating a new user interface.
  • Reply 25 of 62
    Quote:

Originally posted by BushHater

There are a lot of features I would like to see in Keynote but there is just one I hope Apple finally gets around to with the 10.4.3 release. STOP Keynote from crashing under Tiger (never does with Panther). And if you don't Apple, at least admit the problem and quit being a stupid jerk company about it. Never admitting to a problem does not make it go away.

And don't pipe up and say it never crashes for you, it just means you use Keynote like a wimp.

It's true, it's all true. :'( I use Keynote like a wimp.
  • Reply 26 of 62
    Well I put it through its damned paces. (I had a slide yesterday that has 48 *object* transitions on it. One slide.)

It has crashed exactly once on me, when I had:

1) not rebooted in, um, weeks.

2) not logged *out* in the same time.

3) about 12 apps running, including Safari with a few windows, my research tool (which normally pegs the CPU at 100%) running a test, etc

4) had Keynote running in *presentation* mode, which means it also wants CPU and RAM like mad

Of course, I'm running on Panther still, but I've never had it crash while I was using it to edit slides, and only the one while presenting. (Luckily it was during a practice run, and not my actual defense.)
  • Reply 27 of 62
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kickaha

Of course, I'm running on Panther still,

As I said, it does not crash under Panther, read my post again.
  • Reply 28 of 62
    I did, I was only referring to the putting it through its paces, that's all.

In fact, I specifically said I was running on Panther to forestall any commentary like that. Read my post again.
  • Reply 29 of 62
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I did, I was only referring to the putting it through its paces, that's all.

In fact, I specifically said I was running on Panther to forestall any commentary like that. Read my post again.

I'm fed up with this sort useless post. What kind of thinking processes are going on in a head like yours? I wrote about it crashing in Tiger (and by comparison that it does NOT in Panther)

So you write that it does NOT in Panther. Everyone knows it does not crash in Panther. Your point is...?

The only reason I took you to task was because I said it doesn't crash in Panther and then you say, "well I put it through it's paces and it does not crash for me. And I use panther." I just see no reason for your comment unless you had not understood what i said. Do you think we need 200,000 people chiming in about how they use Keynote and Panther without a problem. Duh. I gotta stop posting here, too many slow brains in these groups for me.
  • Reply 30 of 62
    Quote:

I'm fed up with this sort useless post. What kind of thinking processes are going on in a head like yours? I wrote about it crashing in Tiger (and by comparison that it does NOT in Panther)

So you write that it does NOT in Panther. Everyone knows it does not crash in Panther. Your point is...?

The only reason I took you to task was because I said it doesn't crash in Panther and then you say, "well I put it through it's paces and it does not crash for me. And I use panther." I just see no reason for your comment unless you had not understood what i said. Do you think we need 200,000 people chiming in about how they use Keynote and Panther without a problem. Duh. I gotta stop posting here, too many slow brains in these groups for me.

Relax dude!!!
  • Reply 31 of 62
    Quote:

Originally posted by dutch pear

Relax dude!!!

It reminds me of the time a moderated asked a group if anyone had any CONCERNS if he did this thing he proposed. The moderator had considered the question carefulling thinking the vast majority would be fine with it. So the idea was to find out if 5 or 50 people had a CONCERN. He could have asked if you were okay with it, but he did not.

Of course 300 people had to tell us all they THEY did not mind.
  • Reply 32 of 62
    Quote:

1) You in no way 'took me to task'. You whined like a child, but you didn't 'take me to task'. Brother.

2) I wasn't speaking to you, or replying to you, was I?

3) I didn't say "AND I use Panther", I said "BUT I use Panther". Learn your conjunctions. I said that specifically to prevent asinine posts like yours, but you had to assume it was in reply to you, and screw it up.

It's not all about you. Really. Honest.
  • Reply 33 of 62
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Oh, what do you know. Another I-know-better-than-you show. Surprise, surprise.
  • Reply 34 of 62
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Kickaha

[B]

Yes, you were.
  • Reply 35 of 62
    Quote:

Yes, you were.

No, really. I was talking to, and replying to, kks. End of story. You were not the target of my post, nor the recipient. Get over it.

If you'd stop and think about it, I was actually supporting your assertion. I *do* put Keynote through its paces, and it's *only* crashed once... on Panther. Sounds pretty much like what you were asserting.

If you wish to continue your... commentary... you can PM me directly. Leave it out of this thread, it's not serving any purpose.
  • Reply 36 of 62
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I'd love to use Keynote more often, but it's one of those things where I have to use other people's machines, and they're all Windows, so I use PowerPoint instead.
  • Reply 37 of 62
    Quote:

Originally posted by neutrino23

If you watch the two recent keynotes by Steve you can see several new transitions that will be coming in Keynote.

One was like barn doors opening to the next slide.

Another was a number of vertical slats flipping to the next slide.

I think I spotted a few more.

One that I'm really looking forward to is an effect that highlights a part of a slide by greying out everything else. You can see that effect now. Open any pdf in Preview. Choose the Select Tool and drag a box somewhere in the display. The selected area is viewed normally. The surrounding area is dimmed. This looks like a nice way to draw attention to some part of a slide.

I can actually think of a way to do those with the current version. Of course not as simple as having something already pre-programmed, but difinitely possible.

That is I think the cool thing about Keynote, if you're creative, you don't have to just abide by what is given to you.
  • Reply 38 of 62
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

1) You in no way 'took me to task'. You whined like a child, but you didn't 'take me to task'. Brother.

3) I didn't say "AND I use Panther", I said "BUT I use Panther". Learn your conjunctions. I said that specifically to prevent asinine posts like yours, but you had to assume it was in reply to you, and screw it up.

It's not all about you. Really. Honest.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with BushHater. Why even make your post if for any other reason then to attempt to belittle the problem and kiss Apple's ass?
  • Reply 39 of 62
    I said, PM me. Next post on that subject by anyone in this thread gets deleted. Enough wasted space already.
  • Reply 40 of 62
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RageX

I agree with those that think a spreadsheet and some simple database program will be if not in iWork 06, then definitely iWork 07.

'07? Are you insane?

I have been waiting for a real update to AppleWorks for more than SEVEN years.

(6.0 doesn't count.)

Apple has, in that time, shipped several versions of a whole operating system, too many Power Mac motherboard redesigns to count and launched a music player with a whole complimentary online music software business to boot.

They've even taken over the entire world of film and video, with some of the most sophisticated software ever to grace the planet.

How long can it possibly take to build a simple cocoa spreadsheet?

If Jobs doesn't announce a completed "successor to AppleWorks" at MWSF, he should be pelted with tomatoes.

Or even better, iPod accessories.