Help me find a track

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I'm a big fan of David Lynch and love some of his movies dearly. However, as much as I like Mulholland Drive the movie, I can't pretend I like it more than the score itself.

I'm looking for a song called 'Llorando' that's a part of the movie. If anyone has seen this movie; its when they go to this club called Club Silencio, and when the Spanish lady starts singing there and while singing she dies.

I searched for it in iTunes and its not there. Anybody care to tell me where I can find it online? (preferrably legally).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    It's Rebekah Del Rio singing Roy Orbison's "Crying" in spanish. You sure it's not on the soundtrack? Try amazon

Edit: WOW. I just realized that your post is a huge coincidence for me.

Just today I got my hands on the soundtrack to Kieslowski's "La Double Vie de Veronique" (Double Life of Veronika), a CD I've been trying to get through interlibrary loan for months because of a scene in that film that I just realized was a partial inspiration for the scene from Mulholland Drive. The song, "Van den Budenmayer* Concerto in e minor," has been stuck with me ever since I saw it and these scenes are extremely similar, with Veronika singing it on stage and then passing out and dying mid-song.

*Ven den Budenmayer is the fictitious composer who was invented by either Kieslowski or the composer he always worked with, Preisner , and who is mentioned in many of Kieslowski's films.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

It's Rebekah Del Rio singing Roy Orbison's "Crying" in spanish. You sure it's not on the soundtrack? Try amazon

Well, I found it finally. It is in the soundtrack, but I needed it for tonight.

Thanks.

mods: you can now close this thread. Thank you.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Not to belabor the point, but the more I think about it the more I'm realizing the degree to which Lynch was alluding to Double Life of Veronika throughout Mulholland Dr. I'm going to have to watch them back to back, but I'm guessing there are a lot of parallels between Betty and Veronika. I wish I remembered more of the Veronika, but clearly they are both women with double lives and that moment in each film kills part of that double.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by giant

[B]
    Quote:

Edit: WOW. I just realized that your post is a huge coincidence for me.

Just today I got my hands on the soundtrack to Kieslowski's "La Double Vie de Veronique" (Double Life of Veronika), a CD I've been trying to get through interlibrary loan for months because of a scene in that film that I just realized was a partial inspiration for the scene from Mulholland Drive. The song, "Van den Budenmayer* Concerto in e minor," has been stuck with me ever since I saw it and these scenes are extremely similar, with Veronika singing it on stage and then passing out and dying.

I've never thought of it that way... damn, what a coincidence. I've seen almost all of Kieslowskis movies (except some of his early documentaries) and I thought I saw some similarity in Mullholland Drive but it never struck me. Wow. Just wow.

Quote:

*Ven den Budenmayer is the fictitious composer who was invented by either Kieslowski or the composer he always worked with, Preisner , and who is mentioned in many of Kieslowski's films.

It was invented by Zbigniew Preisner, the composer that always worked with him because people were always bugging him with question such as "where do you get your inspiration?" - so he created Van Den Budenmayer and whomever asked, he would always say "from Van Den Budenmayer". The strange thing is, a University in USA (It was University of Tenessee, IIRC) actually started teaching students about Budenmayer, and sent a letter (I'm not kidding!) to Preisner asking him to reveal more information about Budenmayer. Needless to say, he wrote them back that it was a fictitious character and that it was invented by him, though all to no avail because they were insisting that he did truly exist.

What a fascinating thing.

Thanks giant.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    peggypeggy Posts: 2member
    I found a blog about just that subject http://www.mychordspace.com/van-den-...o-s-he-60.html

I'm sure neither of them thought much of it at the time - though it has become nearly mythical in proportion...