Download #s for videos?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Does anyone know how many videos/tv shows/shorts have been downloaded? If it was really high im sure Apple would have been out there telling us how many were downloaded the first day/week.

Does anyone think they will break out those numbers from the music?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    i think it'll likely be a while before they start giving out numbers. since it'll probably be a while before sales start to take off. more people will need to have video ipods before sales really start to come in, and not many people have them so far. when the music store was launched, people already had ipods to put the music on, not so the case with the video store.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    yeah they have a limited market right now with only a couple shows. i think most content on video ipods will be consumer-created (read:ripped). apple is just feeling out/creating the market right now.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    If they actually had good videos/shows to buy I'd be buying them, but right now there's nothing worth purchasing. That's probably why we haven't heard anything. I'll stick to ripping DVDs and putting them on my iPod until the music store gets a better selection.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Can I get a hint? How do you get your DVD's onto your video iPod? I tried to movie over some quicktime videos I had from the net, it wouldnt take them, I figured there's an ID tag that must be present to allow a download, or a copy restriction present in the video clips I downloaded from the net?

Thanks
  • Reply 5 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Download Handbrake. That'll take care of it.

This will explain how to do it...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.