iPod mountable on desktop?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Forgive me if this has been clarified already. I am considering purchasing a 5G iPod, but I heard a rumor that you can no longer mount it on the desktop for file transfers and such...can anybody verify this one way or the other, my nano works just fine with it, one of the justifications for upgrading yet again would be for more hard drive space to transfer documents and such.

-Royboy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gm7Cadd9

Forgive me if this has been clarified already. I am considering purchasing a 5G iPod, but I heard a rumor that you can no longer mount it on the desktop for file transfers and such...can anybody verify this one way or the other, my nano works just fine with it, one of the justifications for upgrading yet again would be for more hard drive space to transfer documents and such.

-Royboy

you can mount it fine, just go into your ipod options in itunes and enable drive access and it works fine (I have a black 30gig ipod 5g)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    thanks a bunch, now for the real question, sell my nano or keep both...I made the silly mistake of engraving the nano with my name and number, seemed like a good idea at the time. Oh well. $100 anyone?