Video Screen???

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ok there is alot of stuff going on with the Nano screens, and how they scratch really easily, but Im hearing the same stuff on the Video iPod. Anyone who has it, does it scratch really easy? I wanted to see it first hand at the Apple Store but I still havent been able too? They said they used the same screen as the G4 iPod for the Nano, so is it the same for the G5 iPod. ?????

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    well the reason nano's scratch easy is because people dont put them in cases. the 5G ipod comes with a nice case.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ya but without, is it still ok, or is it the same exact screen as the previous iPod, that logically if you dont have protection it will screw it up. Or is the screen really sensitive to scratches
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRbetterthanPC

ya but without, is it still ok, or is it the same exact screen as the previous iPod, that logically if you dont have protection it will screw it up. Or is the screen really sensitive to scratches

I would guess so. I think the nano counts as G5, don't it?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    no im talking g5 ipod with video...the nano is like the new mini.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRbetterthanPC

Ok there is alot of stuff going on with the Nano screens, and how they scratch really easily, but Im hearing the same stuff on the Video iPod. Anyone who has it, does it scratch really easy? I wanted to see it first hand at the Apple Store but I still havent been able too? They said they used the same screen as the G4 iPod for the Nano, so is it the same for the G5 iPod. ?????

I don't know. I cut the protective film they ship the video iPods with so that the top part still covers the screen.

I can say that the finish on the rest of the face of the iPod seems exactly the same as the 20 GB I gave to my wife. I wouldn't sweat it but I wouldn't take the protective film off either.