Flying Spaghetti Monsterism

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hi all. I just wanted to get the community's opinion on FSM or Flying Spaghetti Monster(ism).

I read about it a while ago but there was a post on The Raving Atheist blog ( Link ) which reminded me and sparked my interest

If you do not know what FSM is check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    That link button doesn;t seem to want to work for me so here is the whole long URL http://ravingatheist.com/archives/20...monsterism.php
  • Reply 2 of 6
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    One of our great social anthropologists Knud Rasmussen worked in Greenland while the original population still was relative untouched by the culture of the mainland.

One day he was sailing with the eskimos in one of the long boats. As always they were singing while sailing. At one point they passed under an iceberg. They all lowered their singing to a mere whisper. Knud asked why they did so and they told him that their singing could wake up the soul of the iceberg and make it angry. It would then let itself fall down on the boat and let everybody in it die.

WHen it comes to the relation between scientific explanations versus religious ones (which FSM is a comment on itself) I am always reminded of this story about the inuits and how much it tells about this relation.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    FSM makes as much sense as any other myth
  • Reply 4 of 6
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Myth?!

Oh Ye Fools!

This Answers Everything!

Ramen, Brothers!

Ramen!

Raise your hands and give thanks unto the noodle!

(This is the greatest thing since sliced Italian bread!)

((I have nearly died laughing three times in my life: Life of Brian 'Biggus Dickus', Southpark The Movie "Kyle's Mom's a Bitch", and the Wikipedia Flying Spaghetti Monster)).

Thank you for posting that, Jwink3101. That link is going places.

V/Greatfully,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 5 of 6
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    If you really like FSM, do a search on boingboing. The last post about it showed a revealing metro tagging. I dreamed about FSM last night.

link

--B
  • Reply 6 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I prefer the Intelligent Falling theory proposed by theological physicists.